Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

new coral photos

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
bbauman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbauman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: new coral photos
    Posted: April 26 2009 at 8:05pm
I got some great corals from Bruce at Ewalds Reef. I figured I'd try my hand at photos with my trusty dusty Kodak C813. Here are some starters. I'll post more later. Thanks Bruce!

28g Cube

Beginners Guide to Saltwater Aquariums

Brandon in West Jordan
john hill View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john hill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 26 2009 at 8:18pm
nice looking corals
out with the large and in with the nano
bbauman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbauman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 26 2009 at 8:32pm
Thanks John. Your signature line has me both jealous and interested! Once I can keep LPS and SPS successfully, maybe I'll consider getting more landscape.
28g Cube

Brandon in West Jordan
Mike Savage View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Savage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 26 2009 at 9:02pm
Gorgeous pieces!

Mike

john hill View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john hill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 26 2009 at 11:20pm
i guess i need to update that now since it is up and running
out with the large and in with the nano
Turbostud653 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Turbostud653 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 27 2009 at 12:08am
Love the corals.  By the way whats the top coral, cause its way pretty.
Here is what a customer said while on hold Oh my gosh! Did you open the door? I told you not to open the door. Dre is in here completely naked and he's got freak'n Macaroni and Cheese in his hands.
bbauman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbauman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 27 2009 at 12:53pm
That is a flower pot coral. They are very pretty. I saw one for the first time in my Uncle's aquarium a couple years back. Not known for good survival in home aquariums, they require "perfect water conditions" and lots of attention/care, but when I asked for an assorted nano corals frag pack, none of us could have known.

I try my best to choose corals and fish that have a very good chance of living in my tank. I'll do my best to take really good care of it, but I'm afraid my experience will not be unlike others who find it dies after just a few weeks. Sad because they really are a cool coral.
28g Cube

Brandon in West Jordan
bbauman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbauman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 03 2009 at 2:02pm
More...
Here is another coral with someone who wants to be the center of attention that snuck in the photo...

Can anyone identify the coral? I'm not sure but have thought it is a Galaxea.
28g Cube

Brandon in West Jordan
tileman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tileman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 03 2009 at 8:25pm
Looks like a torch coral to me.
335G Reef
TOTM.
http://www.advancedaquarist.com/2015/2/aquarium
ReefKeepers TOTM Feb. 2012
http://reefkeeping.com/joomla/index....k-of-the-month

&
bbauman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbauman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2009 at 12:25am
Brad - Thanks. That was my only other thought as to what it could be. However I thought the polyps would have extended a little more? Like yours for example? Maybe I've just got it in an unhappy part of the tank. It's under my 250w MH about 3/4 up from the bottom of the tank. It's in a medium flow area. How do you have yours set up, Brad?
28g Cube

Brandon in West Jordan
tileman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tileman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2009 at 7:05am
Mine are about halfway up and medium to high flow.  It's right in the middle of my 2 vortechs.
335G Reef
TOTM.
http://www.advancedaquarist.com/2015/2/aquarium
ReefKeepers TOTM Feb. 2012
http://reefkeeping.com/joomla/index....k-of-the-month

&
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic