Utah Reefs Homepage
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Downhill's 200g Starfire Marineland Deep Dimension
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Downhill's 200g Starfire Marineland Deep Dimension

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 78910>
Author
cl2ysta1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cl2ysta1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 08 2009 at 1:05am
the bottom left two stalks look to be colored correctly for it.. see how the body is kind of a green color (jade) and the coralites are pink?
I <3 Boxers
Achilles tang lover
downhill_biker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote downhill_biker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 08 2009 at 11:10am
i do see that cystal. charlie didn't know what it was when i got it from him. we'll see what it looks like later. the pink jade i got from you is much more green, and hasn't really showed much pink yet.
Make sure you post your best pictures every month in our POTM forum.
Kyle Wrigley View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kyle Wrigley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 08 2009 at 11:49am
The new coral looks great. They were amazing at the show great color. You will need to post some FTS soon.
sanddune600 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sanddune600 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 08 2009 at 1:14pm
looks sweet so hard to get good pics to show how cool some of your pieces are.  After searching all over for Tyree pink jade I dont think it exists but there is a tubs pink jade I think that might be what you have
Andy Jorgensen
My number is four three 5 7 six four 8 0 three four

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote downhill_biker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 08 2009 at 2:54pm
we will have to ask crystal to figure out for sure what the coral is and if she can give us a link of what it is and where its from. i got it from her, so she should know what it is.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote downhill_biker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 09 2009 at 5:27pm
Alright I got some new full tank shots last night and thought I would share. I really like taking pics at night because you get a whole lot less glare. Frags are still small but they are growing steadily. It will be a while before they actually look like corals instead of my tank looking like a frag tank.

And I got another pic of the new Trachyphillia. Come on all you lurkers let me know what you think.

Kyle Wrigley View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kyle Wrigley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 09 2009 at 5:42pm
It's coming along great. I'm so surprised how small things look in that tank. Its changed a bit since I seen it when I got some food from you.

Edited by Kyle Wrigley - November 09 2009 at 5:43pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote downhill_biker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 09 2009 at 10:48pm
You asked for FTS and you got them. Ya, the tank is changing a lot right now. I am adding a bunch of new corals and every week it seems, there is something new in the tank. At some point it will get full, of course I want to leave room for everything to grow in.
MadReefer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MadReefer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 09 2009 at 10:56pm
I really like the new corals. Is it easy to frag those?
sanddune600 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sanddune600 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 09 2009 at 11:18pm
I think you would need a chainsaw to frag themEvil Smile
Andy Jorgensen
My number is four three 5 7 six four 8 0 three four
cl2ysta1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cl2ysta1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 09 2009 at 11:48pm
i cant remember if i got that frag originally from Keeperz

or as a frag pack on reef central. i think it was a frag pack as the coralites on keeperz looks different. 

here it is!@

I <3 Boxers
Achilles tang lover

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote downhill_biker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 09 2009 at 11:53pm
Jesse, yes you can frag them, but it is just starting to be done, and is too risky for me to try. I might try it out on a less expensive coral, but I wouldn't want to risk it on these. And dont believe Andy, you dont use a chainsaw, you use a bandsaw, with water injection.

Crystal, thanks for the links, that one on R2R looks nice. I didnt really know what I was getting when I bought it from you.
cl2ysta1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cl2ysta1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 10 2009 at 12:09am
i remember now i got it from jared. thats it for sure
I <3 Boxers
Achilles tang lover
theanimalman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theanimalman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 17 2009 at 12:27am
This is an amazing tank and a very good build thread.  These are tank setups and build threads that tempt me to try my hand at a salt tank. 
I really like the Starphire tanks and the dims of these tanks.  36" deep is a great depth.
I'll be watching the progression.  Thanks for sharing.
Chris
801-647-4731
[email protected]

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote downhill_biker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 17 2009 at 1:15am
Thanks man. I have seen some of the tanks you had up for sale lately and was seriously temped to buy the big ones, but then you have to buy lights and pumps for it, and I would rather just devote my time to this setup right now. I just setup a new frag system and that has been a lot of work too. You are welcome to come check it out in person and have a beer with me if you would like.
CapnMorgan View Drop Down
The Capn'

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CapnMorgan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 17 2009 at 1:24am
Love your tank. Now I know who to shoot questions at when i start plumbing the beast lol
Steve
My Old 180G Mixed Reef
Currently:
120G Wavefront Mixed
29G Seahorse & Softies
Running ReefAngel Plus x2
435-8

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote downhill_biker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 17 2009 at 1:29am
I am here to answer questions. Plumbing can either be a major pain, or really simple and clean...depends on how you go about it. What beast are you speaking of?
CapnMorgan View Drop Down
The Capn'

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CapnMorgan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 17 2009 at 2:26am
Working on gathering up the rest of the stuff to do a 225 in wall, with fish room behind the tank. Lighting and pumps are what's killing my budget now (besides the usual bills and girlfriend expenses LOL)
Steve
My Old 180G Mixed Reef
Currently:
120G Wavefront Mixed
29G Seahorse & Softies
Running ReefAngel Plus x2
435-8

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote downhill_biker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 17 2009 at 2:50am
Ya I hear you. Costs can build up pretty quick. If I were you I would not skimp on pumps. Reeflo pumps are the best/most efficient on the market and I highly recommend spending the extra up front, and saving money in the long run with electricity. I replaced 5 pumps with 1 reeflo pump. The 5 pumps were: return for 200g, return for frag tank, skimmer feed pump, 2x recirc skimmer pumps. Good luck on the build and let me know if you have questions. FYI, there is someone selling a reeflo pump in the classified section right now.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote downhill_biker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 29 2010 at 1:49am
Sorry everyone for being gone so long and not updating. I took a trip to Egypt and am just getting back into the swing of things and decided to do an update on my tanks. Thankfully everything survived during my trip and I was very happy to see all of the growth after being gone. (You really notice it when you aren't looking at them every day) I am getting more and more frags and some things are growing in nicely. Some corals might have been placed too close together and are starting to kill each other off. Here are some FTS pics. I still cant get the color right, the blue seems to wash out all of the corals' color and I cant seem to fix it with my white balance.

Edited by downhill_biker - January 29 2010 at 2:32am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 78910>
  Share Topic