Utah Reefs Homepage
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Downhill's 200g Starfire Marineland Deep Dimension
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Downhill's 200g Starfire Marineland Deep Dimension

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8910
Author
downhill_biker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote downhill_biker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 29 2010 at 2:12am
Here are a couple pics of some coral as well. The acan is definitely my favorite!

Make sure you post your best pictures every month in our POTM forum.
Luckedout View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luckedout Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 29 2010 at 5:33pm
I love the deep tank! I had to go back through and look at your build posts. My favorite view of my 90 is looking at it from the side down the length. Maybe when I finally stop moving around I'll have to set up a similar tank. Nice work!
-Ben

90g Mixed reef

www.body-balancechiropractic.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote downhill_biker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 27 2010 at 10:37am
Originally posted by Luckedout Luckedout wrote:

I love the deep tank! I had to go back through and look at your build posts. My favorite view of my 90 is looking at it from the side down the length. Maybe when I finally stop moving around I'll have to set up a similar tank. Nice work!

Thanks. I really like the deep tanks as well. The best deep tank I have ever seen is Steve Weast's tank.

http://www.oregonreef.com/sub_aquascaping.htm

One day I would like to have a tank like that, or maybe a really long one...like 15' long, but that is in the distant future...we'll see what actually happens.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote downhill_biker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 10 2010 at 7:23pm
UPDATE: I cant control myself, I keep seeing amazing coral and buying it up...lol. I just picked up a sweet fish too. I have a Regal Angel in my frag tank with a variety of SPS and LPS watching it. If the fish behaves and doesn't eat corals then it will go in the display.

Here is the coral, my first Scolly. Bleeding Apple. It fades between orange and red, and has a red rim.

Edited by downhill_biker - March 10 2010 at 7:50pm
thefu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thefu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 10 2010 at 7:34pm
These are sweet looking corals Curtis. Congrats. I am going to have to get a nice Scolymia one of these days.

Hey, I was wondering, why are you no longer listed on the presidency page - I thought I saw your bio on there before.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote downhill_biker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 10 2010 at 7:52pm
Originally posted by thefu thefu wrote:

These are sweet looking corals Curtis. Congrats. I am going to have to get a nice Scolymia one of these days.

Hey, I was wondering, why are you no longer listed on the presidency page - I thought I saw your bio on there before.

I dont actually think that I ever had a bio listed there. I will find out what the deal is and make sure to write a bio so that people know who I am.
Shane H View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shane H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 10 2010 at 9:39pm
Curtis!  Did you forget to submit your bio?  Good catch Terrence.  I haven't looked at the presidency page for awhile!  Am I still on there?
Shane H View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shane H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 10 2010 at 9:40pm

BTW - freaking awesome corals Curtis!

They're almost as cool as my frogfish! Wink

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote downhill_biker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2010 at 1:26am
Sorry for the missed compliment Shane. Thanks. I don't know if the frogfish even compare to coral...just kidding, they are freaking sweet.

UPDATE:
Alright, sorry for the long delay everyone. Here are some update pics of the tank and setup. I really HATE my camera. The tank was crystal clear and full of color when I took these pics, but for some reason my camera makes everything look blurry and really washed out. I have tried tons of settings and don't know what to do about it but until I get a better camera I guess this is the best I am going to get.

First off, here is what I wrapped my stand and canopy in. It is just black fabric that my fiance sewed to make it pleated as you would see surrounding a table for a booth at the fair or something. It is not my dream stand, but it looks rather nice and functions for the time being.

You can get the idea here.

And here are a couple FTS. I wish my camera was better because this tank is really starting to get some great color.

tcfab View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tcfab Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2010 at 8:00am
That's looking really good Curtis Thumbs Up
Nick801 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nick801 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2010 at 12:29pm
no offense to the camera man but id agree it looks 10x better in person =)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote downhill_biker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2010 at 12:48pm
Nick, you need to bring your new camera over and take a few pics one night.
smacky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smacky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 07 2010 at 12:28am
I got to see this tank a few weeks ago and it really is stunning. The more I think about the 3 foot depth, the more I like it.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8910
  Share Topic