Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

How I take better pics with a cheap Camera

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
sanddune600 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sanddune600 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How I take better pics with a cheap Camera
    Posted: May 12 2009 at 8:49pm
I am starting this because I have had a few people asking how to get better pics becuase they noticed that I was getting better pics than what I used to get

I have a Sony DSC-100 its a good camera but nothing spectacular and I had the same problem that lots of other people have it takes blurry pics

First and most important check and see if your camera has a macro setting mine shows up as a button that looks like a flower this tells your camera to zoom on things that are close to the lens

Second I like to take my pics top down you will need to turn off all your pumps and try to not get any glare I found that I had a hard time still getting great pics but they where better

Third I made an acrylic cup that I can put my camera in and set on top of the water now I dont have to turn off my pumps and I have no problems with glare you can use anything that has a clear bottom and holds water I just had this sitting around I just had to glue the bottom on

and here is a pic I got

now you have some nice pics but how do you post them I use photobucket if you dont know how to use it I will explain

First click on the link below
http://photobucket.com/

then create an account there should be somewhere on that page that says join now just follow the instructions.

after you have your account log in and you will see a button in the top that says upload photos click on it and find your photos and open the ones you want to select more then one hold CTRL while clicking on all the images you want to upload

once you have the photos you want on photobucket move your cursor over a pic you will see a drop down box the one that says IMG CODE copy the text in there.

now when you are writing a message paste that text where you want the image to appear it wont look like a image till you preview or post

Edited by sanddune600 - November 28 2009 at 10:16am
Andy Jorgensen
My number is four three 5 7 six four 8 0 three four
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic