Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Speaking of eating Montis...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
grateful1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grateful1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Speaking of eating Montis...
    Posted: July 01 2009 at 12:01pm
Lately, my hermit crabs have been climbing out onto my Montis and just hanging out. Not in a group, just one at a time.  I've been watching them closely to make sure they are not up to any mischief, and I am pretty sure they are just sitting there, but they will stay there for hours.  The Montis look the same as always.

Anybody have any idea what this is all about?
37g reef.
Frag tank in progress.
(801) 403-4006.
grateful1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grateful1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 01 2009 at 12:03pm
Oh, I brought this up because, after reading about the Nudibranches that ate Montis, I started to worry that that's what was going on with the hermits. I don't think they are eating the Montis, but it's definitely abnormal behavior for them.
37g reef.
Frag tank in progress.
(801) 403-4006.
cl2ysta1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cl2ysta1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 01 2009 at 2:16pm
our hermits do it too. they are just hanging out eating algae.. sometimes they fight for prime locations
I <3 Boxers
Achilles tang lover
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic