Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Start of RBTA prop system

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Jake Pehrson View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jake Pehrson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 01 2009 at 10:48pm
Jeremy,

You may want to line the bottom of the tank with patio carpet.  This allows the anemones to attach to the carpet, but also allows you to easy remove the anemones for sale or propagation.
Jake Pehrson

Murray

coralplanet.com

:)
Turbostud653 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Turbostud653 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 01 2009 at 10:41pm

Welcome Jeremy.  What do you plan to do with them?

Here is what a customer said while on hold Oh my gosh! Did you open the door? I told you not to open the door. Dre is in here completely naked and he's got freak'n Macaroni and Cheese in his hands.
tropi_gal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tropi_gal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 01 2009 at 10:29pm
I love it! Great way to save our environment :)
Mike Savage View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Savage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 01 2009 at 7:52pm
That is cool!

Mike

Corey Price View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Corey Price Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 01 2009 at 6:18pm
Very interesting idea. I guess I've never considered anemone propagation like this.
Jeremy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeremy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 01 2009 at 6:05pm

I picked up some LBTR from Mark Peterson on my way home from vacation in Montana.  I told Mark I was going to use the rock in a rose bubble tip anemone propagation system.  I sent him some pictures so he could check out what I have so far.  He asked me to share them here with you guys.  These were all in a 46 gallon bowfront tank with PC lights.  Hopefully they will grow faster now with a 400 watt metal halide:)  They are all clones of each other.  I have cut them and they split on their own.

They have all bubbled up like this in the new tank.

I had just gotten them all off the rocks from the old tank and let them loose in the 50 gallon rubbermaid stock tank.  I put some pvc scrap in the tank for them to attach to.  The long pvc piece has holes drilled in it for flow (like an underwater spray bar).

As I got them off the rocks I put them in the baskets until they were all removed from the rocks.

Close up of one of the baskets full of anemones.  There were about 20 in this basket.  Most of them are small.  They like to group together.

DIY stretch lumenarc type reflector for the tank.

Edited by Jeremy - July 01 2009 at 6:09pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic