Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Start of RBTA prop system

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Nano_Reefer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nano_Reefer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 27 2009 at 5:17pm
How do you remove these from the rock without hurting them?  I have about 4 of them I need to get of of the same piece of rock.
kay181 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kay181 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 27 2009 at 9:42pm
wow way cool you said you just cut them and thay split i have a bta that is geting to big for my tank he is the size of salad plate he has never split  how do get them to
day light scares me im going back under
Adam Blundell View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Blundell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 27 2009 at 10:52pm
kay181- if you can take a razor blade and cut it all the way through, all the way in half leaving two half circles, that is the best way to go.

Adam
Come to a meeting, they’re fun!
kay181 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kay181 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 28 2009 at 12:05am
REALY HOW LONG WILL IT TAKE TO HEAL I MITE HAVE TO TRY IT
day light scares me im going back under
Adam Blundell View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Blundell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 28 2009 at 8:38am
In anemone farms where they are feeding the anemones... they can cut them at least once per month.  Sometimes they split them every two weeks. 
In general I would give it a couple months because I don't know how much you are feeding, how much light you have, and things like that.

Adam
Come to a meeting, they’re fun!
Jeremy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeremy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 01 2009 at 11:32am

Adam,

Thanks for posting those pictures.  It looks like most of them are done with a heavy plastic screen with a pvc frame.  Are those pictures of a holding facility or a propagation type setup?

Nano Reefer- The best way to get them off the rock is to peel up the foot with your fingernail or a credit card.  When the foot is in a hole it can be almost imposible to get to.  I actually had to break a few pieces of rock to get the hard ones off when moving them to the new tank.  You can try to get them to move on their own by adjusting flow or lighting.  When they are walking the foot is swollen and they are easy to remove.  Some recomend ice on the foot.  Once I made a whole tray of RO/DI water popsicles and couldn't get one to move with them:)  If you can't peel any off the rock I would just turn the rock over on a day you're home and check it every hour to see if they start to move to a  spot that is easy to get to them.  Then, if that doesn't work try pointing one of your powerheads at them.  If you tear the foot a little peeling it of it will probably still make it.  Just take your time and a few breaks if it isn't working out.  Sometimes they start to move and hour later just from the stress you cause on the first attempt.

Edited by Jeremy - August 01 2009 at 11:45am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic