Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Condi question

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
boadyboom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boadyboom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Condi question
    Posted: July 01 2009 at 6:48pm
Can these guy hurt much in a tank? Such as a frogspqwn?
Will Spencer View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Will Spencer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 02 2009 at 12:00pm
They do have pretty potent stings, but I have never had a coral outright killed by one.  I have 2 rather large Condie's.  One of them irritated a candy cane coral a bit and the heads started getting smaller and smaller over time, but after being moved they have recovered.

I have mine on the opposite side of the tank from my frogspawn so I don't know how they would interact.
nwreef View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nwreef Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 04 2009 at 1:03pm
i have one that was stinging my toadstool but thats about it.  Moved the Toadstool and he is fine now. Hasnt hurt my fish when they brush by it, or me when i've touched it.  I also have a curly Q that likes to strech out and try to touch my condi, they are like two little kids in the back seat of car, they go back and forth at each other till one gets tired and shrivls up for a while.
Chad A.
20g nano in progres
Member~ A.A.A. ( Aquarium Addicts Anonomous)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic