Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Sick Wall Hammer

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
bfessler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bfessler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sick Wall Hammer
    Posted: July 10 2009 at 6:48pm
Dead I think my maroon clown finally killed my wall hammer. It has been hosting in the hammer for the last month and it seemed fine but recently the clown became more aggressive with the coral. The Hammer is close to 6" across and one day I found it turned on its side by the clown. She has been digging in the sand all around it and a couple days ago I found the Hammer completely retracted and the clown rubbing on it trying to get it to extend. I moved the clown to another tank and the hammer seemed better by the next morning. It was starting to extend again so I had hoped it would recover.

I left on business Tuesday and returned today to find the hammer in bad shape. The center skeleton is completely exposed and the fleshy outside of the skeleton has thinned a lot. There are still some tentacles at the outside edges that look good but the rest of it looks bad and is falling apart.

Is there anything I can do to save part of this coral or is it a goner?

Burt
Burt

An equal opportunity reefer,
I support all hobbyists and organizations involved in Marine Aquarium Keeping.
[email protected]
Mike Savage View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Savage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 10 2009 at 7:58pm
Good water quality, slow to medium flow, and medium light. Oh yeah, keep the clown away from it and hope for the best.

Good luck.

Mike

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic