Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Reef Tour 2003

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Kevin View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Reef Tour 2003
    Posted: March 28 2003 at 11:04am

I was just wondering if the club is going to have a reef tour this year?  I went to the one last year and thats what has got me into wanting a reef tank.  It was highly useful to be able to look at different members tanks and be able to ask them what they are doing and how they are doing it. 

If there is going to be another tour this year -- when will it be?  (Please make it before the end of august -- school starts again then)

Adam Blundell View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Blundell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2003 at 1:33pm

The reef tour will be in September.  It will be after the September meeting, on a Saturday.  Some people have already asked about being on the tour, but it is premature for that.  We will begin asking people who wants to be on the tour in June, and finalize the list in July. 

Thanks for your comments on the tour.  I've been very pleased with last year's turnout, and the feedback from everyone.  Seems as though it were the best tour yet, and people learned a lot from it.

Adam 

Come to a meeting, they’re fun!
Shane H View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shane H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2003 at 8:08pm
How about two different days for the reef tour? Split the club into two sections (north and south), hold the tour two consecutive saturdays. This would allow more time to look at tanks rather than rushing around to get to as many houses as possible. It would also allow the north to check out the south tanks and still be on the tour and visa versa.
Flaz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2003 at 8:37pm

Great idea Shane.  I don't mind having my tank on the tour but not many people ever make it up north of Centerville.  I think more people would be interested in showing their tanks if they knew they'd be able to see some for themselves on another day...

jfinch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jfinch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 29 2003 at 3:29pm
One other thing I'd like to see with respect to this web site is names of people/tanks associated with pictures.  When I look at the pictures from last years tour, I can't tell when one tank ends and another starts.
Sarnack View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sarnack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 29 2003 at 6:18pm

I like Shane's idea, I would love to have more time to enjoy the tanks!

Jon - The pictures I took (I was a newbie so most are not great) and that Danny took I have organized in folders by the owners name.

jfinch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jfinch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 30 2003 at 5:10pm
Quote: Originally posted by Sarnack on 29 March 2003

Jon - The pictures I took (I was a newbie so most are not great) and that Danny took I have organized in folders by the owners name.

Are they available for the rest of us to see?
John Fletcher View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Fletcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2003 at 3:17pm

I like the idea of having two consecutive saturdays (north and South.)  I missed seeing the other tanks, because I had my tank on the tour.

Is there going to be a committee to get things going?  I would like to be on the committee.  There is a lot that needs to be done.

Sarnack View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sarnack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2003 at 3:37pm

Jon,

Most if not all of the pictures that Danny and I took are on this site. But if you's like to see the pictures organized by tank owner we gave a CD to the library that you can check out.  If you can't get a hold of that CD let me know and I can burn you a copy.

Dave

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic