Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Rare Fish Update- Brotula

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Adam Blundell View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Blundell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rare Fish Update- Brotula
    Posted: July 27 2009 at 8:48pm
For those of you who don't remember or weren't here...
Last fall on our Reef Tour we had a Brotula make an appearance at Dion's house.  Shortly after that another Brotula made its way to captivity and was assigned to me.  For the last 9 months or so I've kept it in my nano tank. 

Today the fish made a rather surprising move and has come out of his den.  He's now staked out his area behind my mag float.  The good news is that he is now visible and we can get photos and video of him.  The bad news is that this sudden change in behavior has me worried.  I'm not sure what caused him to change behavior in such a drastic form... but I hope it isn't a bad sign.  Thus far he has proven to be a great success, far outlasting what any expert was predicting. 

Adam
Come to a meeting, they’re fun!
Mike Savage View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Savage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 27 2009 at 11:12pm
That's great Adam! When do we get to see pictures?

Mike

Dion Richins View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dion Richins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 27 2009 at 11:31pm
Mine changed its spot every so often. Sometimes right out in the open with out any issues. Maybe yours just wants a better view of what your doing!
Bad "censored" Cabinets
Best quality in the valley! He is one sexy bald guy, even with out a finger!(MAC)
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Blundell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 28 2009 at 8:33am
Well that would be great.  But he's moved 2 inches in 9 months... and 12 inches in one day.  I'm not sure what to think of that.

Adam

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Savage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 28 2009 at 12:57pm

Does he swim out in the open much or does he stay hidden most of the time?

Mike

Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Blundell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 28 2009 at 1:22pm
I want to say that he always, always, always stays hidden.  However my wife has seen him move out an inch or two in the middle of the night.  But he's never moved more than 2 inches out of his den.  (normal behavior for them)

Adam

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Savage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 28 2009 at 4:57pm
Too bad they stay hidden so much. They are beautiful fish!

Mike

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic