Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

How much flow is TO MUCH?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
ZephyrFish View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZephyrFish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 13 2004 at 10:05pm

I have been replacing the pumps at work the past couple of days with monstrous jacuzzi s15ks pumps the the flow is so high(about 80 gallons per minute) that all of the ball valves are at least 50% closed, just to the point that the over flows are draining as much as they can with out over flowing. I love those pumps

While getting the pumps wired the breaker blew twice (a power outage of sorts) any how as long as your pump and all plumbing is lower than the outlet on your sump your pump will stay primed.

Brady Kerns (Sandy UT.)
Skyetone View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skyetone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 14 2004 at 9:19pm
the issues I see are the fact that the linelocks are below the waters surface and if the power goes out it will feedback untill the linelocks are out of the water.... sound familiar anyone?
I will just give my warning that your system will flood, bulbs will burn out, and things will take continuous maintenance... get over it.

Magna
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic