Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Please help.... ICH!!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
jacobwilson222 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jacobwilson222 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Please help.... ICH!!!
    Posted: November 11 2009 at 12:45pm
I have a severe case of ICH it has taken my 2 clowns, a twin spot goby and has now shown up on my other fish. It starts off with like 1-3 spots then with in a day or 2 they are covered in spots down at the bottom of the tank breathing hard, not fast but hard. Then they die.

I changed tanks and dont have a whole lot of coreline algae live rock, is the lack of bacteria in my tank causing this? please help!!!
Summertop View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Summertop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 11 2009 at 12:56pm
IMO, stress causes Ich.  New tank where the paramters are in fluctuation will likely cause Ich.

You can use a quarantine tank, but that also causes stress.  I will put garlic in their food.  lots of it.  You can even dose a bit of garlic directly into the tank, although I'm not sure that helps.
===========

Shawn Winterbottom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jacobwilson222 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 11 2009 at 1:01pm

I have been feeding with 4 drops of garlic extreme in the morning and I put 4 drops directly into the water in the evening, does not seem to help =( I am also losing all the coreline algae built up on the back of the tank, it was even plating over in nice pink and purple patches, now its turning white?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jacobwilson222 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 11 2009 at 1:16pm
I am desperate for any ideas on a solution, I am slowly losing all my live stock 1 fish at a time
Luckedout View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luckedout Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 11 2009 at 1:38pm
Do you have a quarantine tank at all where you could move them to? You said you just changed tanks, so I imagine that's what's causing the outbreak. Had the new tank finished cycling? Is it larger or have different lr or sand?
-Ben

90g Mixed reef

www.body-balancechiropractic.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jacobwilson222 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 11 2009 at 1:41pm
I switched from an 8 gal to a 24 gal, its a JBJ that my friend had up and running, I added new rock and sand along with my old live rock and sand, I unfortunately dont have a quarantine tank as of now...
Mark Peterson View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 11 2009 at 2:27pm
I'm glad you called and that I could help. Here is the link to the thread that has the link at the bottom of the first post regarding the info about Garlic Oil in the "Secrets of adding new fish"
You may find this thread so packed with information that it will take time to digest it all.Smile

Edited by Mark Peterson - November 11 2009 at 2:50pm
Reefkeeping Tips, & quick, easy setup tricks:
www.utahreefs.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=9244
Pay it forward - become a paid WMAS member
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic