Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

How to section

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Luckedout View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luckedout Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How to section
    Posted: November 13 2009 at 12:41pm
I've managed to find all kinds of cool posts by Mark and others about DIY projects, tips for refugiums, tank set-ups, utah rock, etc. But I had to do searches and read through a lot of different threads to find the info.

I think it would be a good idea to set up a section on the forum of just How to.... posts. You could sticky the most read/important ones like How to set up an affordable saltwater tank, or How to properly acclimate your fish, etc. so that they stayed at the top of the section and were easy to find.

This would make the information a lot easier to find for new people (like myself) who are coming to the forum for the first time. That way they don't have to search all around or post new topics that have already been covered that they couldn't find. I always feel kind've silly when I ask a question and I get linked back to threads that covered it in depth. Just a thought from a new guy.

Or instead of setting up a new section, you could sticky these threads at the top of their appropriate sections. Fish = How to acclimate, You can do it = how to set up your tank.

Edited by Luckedout - November 13 2009 at 12:42pm
-Ben

90g Mixed reef

www.body-balancechiropractic.com

Adam Blundell View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Blundell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 13 2009 at 12:49pm
Thanks Luckedout!  We'll discuss that at our next meeting.

Adam
Come to a meeting, they’re fun!
Mark Peterson View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 19 2009 at 10:06am

Things are changing all the time in this hobby. Sometimes the best info is something that was just discovered. We refer people to previous posts as a way to answer without having to retype. Please don't feel bad when being referred to an old thread. Searches sometimes find a whole load of posts that may or may not be relevant.

IMO, asking for specific answers to specific problems will always be the best way to go about it. The cool thing is that you will generally get a good answer here within 1/2 hour. And with many experienced hobbyists monitoring the posts, if some correction or clarification is needed, it is usually not far behind.Smile
Reefkeeping Tips, & quick, easy setup tricks:
www.utahreefs.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=9244
Pay it forward - become a paid WMAS member
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic