Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Closed up - Devils hand

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Mark Peterson View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Closed up - Devils hand
    Posted: November 20 2009 at 6:49am
Maybe it's just the season?Wink Two other hobbyist have also just posted that their corals, a Toadstool, LPS and some Zoanthids are closed up.

2 weeks is a long time. Can you describe how you moved the tank and tell us a little about the filtration? Post a pic if you can.
Reefkeeping Tips, & quick, easy setup tricks:
www.utahreefs.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=9244
Pay it forward - become a paid WMAS member
Bryguy514 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bryguy514 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 19 2009 at 3:43pm
I have a large devils hand as well and have noticed every one and a while it will close up and it looks like its shedding not sure what its doing but it comes back out of it a week or two later.  I was told they do put off toxins so you may want to run some carbon.
TriggerHappy View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TriggerHappy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 18 2009 at 1:42pm
I'm sure someone with actual experience with devil's hand will speak up, but if it is anything like a leather, they are very temperamental...just give it time.  The one thing that I always check for as far as leathers go would be good flow.
210 gallon Mixed Reef
3clr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3clr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 18 2009 at 1:14pm

I have a big devils hand about 12-14" diameter and a small one about 5-6" wide. Both are closed for 2 weeks now since I moved my tank. Do they need more light? I have a 125G tang and keep the devil's hand about 10" away from the lights. Any suggestions?

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic