Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Refugium

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Luckedout View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luckedout Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Refugium
    Posted: November 27 2009 at 12:12am
I'm having a lot of problems because my refugium is just too small due to my tank stand. The corner only allows me to fit a 10 gallon tank which is just too small. I don't feel like my water reserve is large enough and I had to put a check valve in to prevent floods, but I have had to clean it twice already.

Anyways, since i don't have room I was wondering about setting up a second tank as simply a fuge but having it on display so it'll need to be a bit pretty. Has anyone done this? What should I watch out for?
-Ben

90g Mixed reef

www.body-balancechiropractic.com

Nick801 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nick801 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 27 2009 at 3:29am
maybe it would be possible to do your sump into the next room over? and do something in there keeping your display area really clean...

if not you could do a cool mangrove terrarium field type thing next to your tank

here is  a pic to give you a general idea but this is a really really outgrown version of what I was thinking...  (and you would still have to hide your mechanical filtration somehow: Skimmer Etc)

Or You could always nicely encase a sump and turn it into a bench or something as well and just keep it on the floor near your tank I've seen that done a few times as well

Edited by Nick801 - November 27 2009 at 3:36am
tropi_gal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tropi_gal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 27 2009 at 7:20pm
Have you thought of having a custom built acrylic fuge?  I know someone local that has the skill.
Luckedout View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luckedout Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 27 2009 at 10:42pm
Cost wise I'm not sure if that's a feasible option. I'm seriously getting to the point of buying a nice 75 gallon rectangular tank or something similar and selling this corner tank. It's been a huge headache trying to get the flow right and now this... CensoredAngry
-Ben

90g Mixed reef

www.body-balancechiropractic.com

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic