Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Reef tour yard sale

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Skyetone View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skyetone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Reef tour yard sale
    Posted: September 17 2004 at 1:15pm

I will try and sale some of my stuff in a make shift yard sale on the 25th. Does anyone else that isn't on the tour want to swing anything buy my sugarhouse house  and try and sell?

Adam says there will be tons of people coming by.... all fish geeks easy sells

I will just give my warning that your system will flood, bulbs will burn out, and things will take continuous maintenance... get over it.

Magna
Adam Blundell View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Blundell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 17 2004 at 1:27pm

Originally posted by Skyetone Skyetone wrote:

Adam says there will be tons of people coming by

Woah woah woah, back the truck up.  I didn't say that (did I?).  I'm hoping we do.  But, it is possible you will be sittin' home all day watching the Utah vs. Airforce Game by yourself and not get a single visitor.  If so, just look at it as your contribution to the club. 
If you do get 200 people, then great!

It all depends on how those flyers are going, and if people are telling their friends and coworkers.

Adam

Come to a meeting, they’re fun!
Skyetone View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skyetone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 17 2004 at 10:42pm

adam.... you seem defencive......

I don't even like collage football.........

I will just give my warning that your system will flood, bulbs will burn out, and things will take continuous maintenance... get over it.

Magna
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Blundell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 18 2004 at 6:21am
Originally posted by Skyetone Skyetone wrote:

I don't even like collage football

I didn't know that was possible!  Be thankful, for people like me our entire livelihood in the fall is dependent upon who wins.

Thankfully this will be a happy year for me.

Adam

Mark Peterson View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 18 2004 at 7:28am
For a year or two Adam was on the Utah Team right down on the grass with the players.

Some people have three visitors and some people have 30 groups come through. The bigger the sign in your front yard the better the attendance. Spreading the word before has to be done as well. I think a yard sale will definitely attract visitors. You might even put up a sign
CORAL REEF
   AQUARIUM TOUR
      YARD SALE
        SATURDAY

Then on Saturday, slap "TODAY" over the "Saturday"

By the way, Adam, should we be watching the newspapers. The newspaper has always been the best at bringing in visitors.
Reefkeeping Tips, & quick, easy setup tricks:
www.utahreefs.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=9244
Pay it forward - become a paid WMAS member
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Blundell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 18 2004 at 7:31am

Originally posted by Mark Peterson Mark Peterson wrote:

By the way, Adam, should we be watching the newspapers. The newspaper has always been the best at bringing in visitors.

This Tuesday morning.... Salt Lake Tribune....

Adam

Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 18 2004 at 7:40am
YES

Diana / Adam

(The Trib brings in more people than the Deseret News)

Other papers? Provo Herald, Ogden SE or Brigham City ?
Skyetone View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skyetone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 18 2004 at 7:40am
why didn't you run an ad this week also? I was looking.... I'm tryin to do my part.

Magna
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Blundell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 18 2004 at 7:41am

Because we're cheap.  We're not running any ads, just hoping for story coverage.

Adam

Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 18 2004 at 7:45am
Ads are way expensive. I checked on this one year. The newspaper won't even let us run a normal 2 liner in the classified pets for sale section, mentioning the RT!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic