Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Who’s bought stuff lately JUST for tour?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Skyetone View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skyetone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Who’s bought stuff lately JUST for tour?
    Posted: September 18 2004 at 7:42am

I have spent what 250$ last week at BW and MSM, then just droped another 100ish at MSM just to help spice up my tank for tour....

Am I the only one?

Edited by Skyetone
I will just give my warning that your system will flood, bulbs will burn out, and things will take continuous maintenance... get over it.

Magna
Mark Peterson View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 18 2004 at 8:11am
Why are you posting these last few threads in the Off-Topic area?
Reefkeeping Tips, & quick, easy setup tricks:
www.utahreefs.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=9244
Pay it forward - become a paid WMAS member
Weimers View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Weimers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 18 2004 at 8:32am

Okay, I'll be honest... I've spent around $800 in a mad rush for the Reef Tour because I don't want our tank to look empty.   I like to think of it as an investment. 

Wink  Here's my logic - if anyone comes here and likes my stuff, I may get a "return on investment" due to being able to share frags later. 

"I'm not addicted, honey.  We needed to fill that hole in the middle of the tank."

Renee and Damon Weimer
Tankless in Hawaii
Skyetone View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skyetone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 18 2004 at 9:52am
I duno mark.... move it? it is kinda off topic.
I will just give my warning that your system will flood, bulbs will burn out, and things will take continuous maintenance... get over it.

Magna
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Pet Store
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 20 2004 at 6:26pm

I don't think its off topic.

reptoreef View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reptoreef Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 20 2004 at 10:49pm
Have done "a bit" here n there
www.captivereefing.com
Will Spencer View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Will Spencer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 21 2004 at 1:30pm
I did a water change.  Does that count?
ljbs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ljbs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 21 2004 at 7:45pm
I have added a new zooanthide rock and a couple of feather dusters in the last two weeks but thats just cause I can't go to an lfs without coming out with something new.  Too bad I have to buy food for the tank.  The food trip always means I have something else new to add.
Linda Spencer
West Jordan
From My little corner of the sea
sjlopez39 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sjlopez39 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 22 2004 at 10:37pm
With this kind of spending, fish stores should surely be supportive!

Oh yeah I splurged and scraped the glass. Cost $0.00. Good view of aquarium for reef tour, priceless.
Keep your hands and arms inside the tank and enjoy the ride!

Steve
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic