Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Fish Growth

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
GonZo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GonZo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fish Growth
    Posted: September 05 2002 at 9:10pm
In the few months I've had my tank and it's various occupants, we've experienced exciting growth in all but one of our fish. Our Scooter Blenny does not seem to be any bigger. It seems healthy enough, swimming all over the place and breathing normally. Is there a time to get worried if it dosen't grow? What would prevent growth?

Cortney
Jake Pehrson View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jake Pehrson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 06 2002 at 11:06am

Cortney

Most of the other fish in your tank are most likely juveniles.  When fish are young they will grow very fast.  The Scooter Blenny you have is probably close to full grown and therefore the growth rate is much slower than your younger fish.  Scooter Blennies don't get that big.

So in other words I don't think you have anything to worry about.

Just $.02

Jake Pehrson

Murray

coralplanet.com

:)
Adam Blundell View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Blundell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 07 2002 at 9:54am

I agree with Jake.  Acutally, very few fish grow in our aquariums.  I don't think many people have seen their fish grow much.  They typically stay near the same size as when we buy most of them.  Scooters are such small fish, that they will grow slowly if at all. 

Nothing to worry about,

Adam

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic