FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Whos up north?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Pet Store
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Whos up north?
    Posted: December 10 2009 at 3:35pm
I have been reading posts and seen that most paid members are from SLC.
Is there very many in the north that have been doing saltwater for a while?
Other than the well being of the "club/board" is there any significane in being a member?
Thanks
Kami
Spbeyond View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spbeyond Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 10 2009 at 3:40pm
Hi Kami.  I live in logan and have been doing reefing off and on again for awhile.  I dont know how far north you are but if you ever need some help just shoot me a PM. 
90 Gallon Reef w/4 bulb 54W t5

I buy, sell and restore pinball machines. Got one in the basement? ;)
chk4tix View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chk4tix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 10 2009 at 4:18pm
What counts as up north? I am located in Kaysville and have had fish tanks all my life, but only have had saltwater for about 3-4 years now.  If you are a paid member, then you can get discounts at some of the local fish stores and you can also post in the member only forum.
Original Crappy Reef Club Member #2

Luckedout View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luckedout Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 10 2009 at 4:20pm
I'm in Logan as well. Shane, who is in the current presidency is from Brigham, and there are another 7-8 more people who are on the board regularly who are from the Logan area. 
-Ben

90g Mixed reef

www.body-balancechiropractic.com

Rioreefer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rioreefer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 10 2009 at 4:38pm
I am from the ogden area and can always offer my 2 cents and helping hand. I have been Reefing about 4yrs now. What area are you from when you say North are you Logan/Brigham? There is a great LFS in Layton called Aquadicdreams.  Everyone on the board is basicly a big dysfuntioal family. So feel free to ask questions and PM anyone.
And most importaint

WELCOME TO WMAS
I dont mean to brag but, yeah it's 6ft long.
vadryn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vadryn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 10 2009 at 4:42pm
I'm "up north" but I'm new to SW and attribute all my successes from blind luck or by following suggestions from the other folks on here.
Mike Savage View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Savage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 10 2009 at 4:59pm
Welcome 2 Slam'n Clams!

Mike

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Pet Store
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 10 2009 at 5:18pm

wow thanks for the warm welcome. I didnt think any one was going to respond this fast or this many. I am in the Layton/HAFB area. I dont know what to say other than Hi for now. I am new to saltwater so Im sure to have questions.

thanks again for the warm welcome
~Kami~
tavita47 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tavita47 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 10 2009 at 5:48pm
Fruit Heights here... and welcome!
Adam Blundell View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Blundell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 10 2009 at 6:07pm
Welcome Kami!
You just disappointed our whole Logan group.  They were all excited thinking they had another northern buddy  LOL

For the north davis/weber area you'll find dozens of people... all here on this site.

Adam
ps- Centerville here
Come to a meeting, they’re fun!
Jeffs_little_ocean View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeffs_little_ocean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 10 2009 at 6:22pm
Hi Kami welcome.
Youd be amazed at all the Saltwater peeps around, I can think of 3 in Layton, and 1 at Hill.
Life is good....right?
Dion Richins View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dion Richins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 10 2009 at 7:09pm
Farmington!!!!
Bad "censored" Cabinets
Best quality in the valley! He is one sexy bald guy, even with out a finger!(MAC)
chk4tix View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chk4tix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 10 2009 at 7:13pm
Originally posted by Dion Richins Dion Richins wrote:

Farmington!!!!
Your house might be in Farmington but you're always at your shop, which is Bountiful...Wink
Original Crappy Reef Club Member #2

Dion Richins View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dion Richins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 10 2009 at 7:23pm
So.....Maybe I live like Tiger.......
Bad "censored" Cabinets
Best quality in the valley! He is one sexy bald guy, even with out a finger!(MAC)
Sculpin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sculpin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 10 2009 at 7:32pm
I'm in... North Salt Lake. I guess that could qualify as north of salt lake, it's the name of the town isn't it?

Ya if you need any help let us know. I myself have only got about 2 years experience under my belt (some on here have decades) but I know enough to get me by.... somewhat.

Micah

Edited by Sculpin - December 10 2009 at 7:32pm
Luckedout View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luckedout Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 10 2009 at 7:40pm
Originally posted by Adam Blundell Adam Blundell wrote:

Welcome Kami!
You just disappointed our whole Logan group.  They were all excited thinking they had another northern buddy  LOL

For the north davis/weber area you'll find dozens of people... all here on this site.

Adam
ps- Centerville here

I was very disappointed! It's tough up here, all the good stuff that people sell is down in SLC or Provo. We do get some good frags and equip up here, but it's definitely not as frequent. Oh well. Welcome anyways you southerner!
-Ben

90g Mixed reef

www.body-balancechiropractic.com

sanddune600 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sanddune600 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 10 2009 at 8:09pm
It is harder finding and selling up here who else do you know that drives over an hour just to sell coralCool
Andy Jorgensen
My number is four three 5 7 six four 8 0 three four
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic