Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

GARF Facility Tour/Road Trip

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
John Fletcher View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Fletcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: GARF Facility Tour/Road Trip
    Posted: April 04 2003 at 9:59am
I thought I would start.  Mark Peterson made a great request.  Lets see if we could use some of our money a ask GARF for a tour of their facility.  I for one would bring along extra for gas, frags, etc...  What do you say.  Adam can you give them a call?
Sarnack View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sarnack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 04 2003 at 12:29pm

I have said it in other threads but I'll say it here as well - Yes please!  I would love to take a trip up there.

Chem Guy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chem Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 04 2003 at 2:02pm

In the past the club/members were going to carpool up to GARF.  However, last I heard they had halted all tours, even those for the express purpose of purchasing.  I for one would like to go, but don't know that the folks at GARF are willing to ablige.  I visited there about 3 years ago, and yes they have some fantastic tanks.  And one or two not so fantastic.  However, the interesting/beautiful tanks far outnumbered the poor ones.

Also note that the Idaho Reef Club (www.idahoreefs.org) is doing a Reef Tour on April 19th, with raffles and the whole nine yards.  I don't know if GARF will be on that tour since I haven't seen their poster yet.  Later....

-Jim

Jim LaMunyon

Richmond, Utah
SSpargur View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSpargur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 04 2003 at 2:13pm
I would be interested in going as well.  Sounds like a great experience.
sjlopez39 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sjlopez39 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 04 2003 at 2:41pm
Me too.  Last year just standing on their porch, I felt like I was walking on holy ground. 
Keep your hands and arms inside the tank and enjoy the ride!

Steve
Adam Blundell View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Blundell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 04 2003 at 8:09pm

Tell you what.  I will call Sally Jo tomorrow.  I for one am in support of a trip to Boise, even if it is just for their Reef Tour.  But I will do my best to work out something for a GARF visit.  Some of us are too involved in this hobby.... or lifestyle..... or occupation..... or whatever this is to me. 

Adam

Come to a meeting, they’re fun!
SSpargur View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSpargur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 07 2003 at 7:16pm

Adam,

Any update on the GARF tour?

Adam Blundell View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Blundell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 07 2003 at 10:26pm

Left messages.  No reply yet.  Sorry guys, I'll keep trying.

Adam

Come to a meeting, they’re fun!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic