Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Co2 Regulator help

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
BILLYBOB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BILLYBOB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Co2 Regulator help
    Posted: January 15 2010 at 2:52pm
So the RO water in bubble counter kept getting lower and lower so I unscrewed the top to refill it but it filled up by itself, but I realized that it refilled with salt water.

Now I have to keep loosening the adjuster screw because the bubbles keep slowing then stopping alltogether. Is this because of the salt water or what ?  
BILLY BOB 916-5000
dew2loud1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dew2loud1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 15 2010 at 3:34pm
make sure you put a check valve in the co2 line that will keep it from back siphoning tank water
BILLYBOB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BILLYBOB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 15 2010 at 5:16pm
is the salt water the reason the bubbles keep stoping
BILLY BOB 916-5000
jbutler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbutler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 15 2010 at 6:51pm
The saltwater shouldn't do this as long as you got it out and rinsed it with freshwater.  Have you checked to see if you CO2 tank is empty?  
Also, I use vegetable oil in my bubble counter so that I don't have to keep filling it up with water.  It works great.  

Originally posted by BILLYBOB BILLYBOB wrote:

So the RO water in bubble counter kept getting lower and lower so I unscrewed the top to refill it but it filled up by itself, but I realized that it refilled with salt water.

Now I have to keep loosening the adjuster screw because the bubbles keep slowing then stopping alltogether. Is this because of the salt water or what ?  
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic