Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Hardware section?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
SmokeyBear View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SmokeyBear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hardware section?
    Posted: February 26 2010 at 5:06pm
I've seen on other reef forums and it seems to work well, but breaking down the for sale section into two categories.

Live FS:  Rock, Sand, Fish, Corals, Inverts

Hardware FS: Tanks, Stands, Lights, Pumps, Sumps,

Obviously if you're selling an entire setup with life included, list it in the Live things for sale.

If you have some metal halides and a sump for sale, list it in hardware.

This might help people not only find what they may be looking for sooner, but also help those who are content with their set up, and just want to add life, find just living creatures to add sans wading through hardware.. Or vice versa.

Also, maybe posting a "wanted" or LF or Looking for or wish list section. Things people are looking for. If I want a chocolate chip star, I can post it in there, and someone who comes across it, thinks, Hey, I have one I'm willing to part with. This way the LF listings arent clogging up the for sale / trade forum.

Sorry, just a few ideas. Take em or leave em. I hope I don't have to be a paid member to make suggestions/leave comments. I really enjoy the site, and am still feeling my way around, and came across this recommendations link.

Edited by SmokeyBear - February 26 2010 at 5:07pm
Will Spencer View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Will Spencer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 27 2010 at 8:32pm
We'll take recommendations from anyone.  Thanks.

The presidency discusses each of the recommendations at presidency meeting and determines if it is something that we can/should implement.
iriedodge View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iriedodge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2010 at 2:30pm
I like this motion
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic