Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

My 210 gallons of drama!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
CapnMorgan View Drop Down
The Capn'

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CapnMorgan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 18 2010 at 6:22am
It's all coming together Clap, I just need to build my sump and cut some holes in my stand and I'll be starting the cycle (I'll fill my tank with water even without the sump to get started faster). Let me know if you need any help!
Steve
My Old 180G Mixed Reef
Currently:
120G Wavefront Mixed
29G Seahorse & Softies
Running ReefAngel Plus x2
435-8
arthuriv View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arthuriv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2010 at 10:42am
Well I spent most of the weekend sifting Utah sand for the tank which isn't much fun especially when it is still wet.Ouch So between the Utah sand and the sand I got with the first tank I now have about an inch across the bottom now. I'm looking at buying 100-150lbs more of sand in the next day or two. I also put the rock from one of my 30 gallon rubbermaid contains into the tank, still have two more. I then finished filling the tank last night and connecting all the plumbing.Big smile It has been kind of a slow process of filling the tank over the last week. So it is now up and running!!!!!Big smileBig smileBig smile 

Then this afternoon I have a school of Firefish coming and a couple Blue Spot Jawfish. I will try and post some pictures this evening!
Quality Marines Aquaculturing & Captive Breeding program!
Presented by Ashley & Chelsea from Reef On
Thursday 6 Oct 2016
Adam Blundell View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Blundell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2010 at 11:08am
Then this afternoon I have a school of Firefish coming
I don't have a good feeling about that.  You may want to rethink that move.  Most likely (as in everyone I know) you'll be down to two firefish in a couple weeks.

Adam
Come to a meeting, they’re fun!
Jeremyw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeremyw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2010 at 11:12am
Originally posted by Adam Blundell Adam Blundell wrote:

I don't have a good feeling about that.  You may want to rethink that move.  Most likely (as in everyone I know) you'll be down to two firefish in a couple weeks.

Adam

And then probably down to 1 after a few months.
arthuriv View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arthuriv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2010 at 11:56am
Originally posted by Adam Blundell Adam Blundell wrote:

Adam

Why territorial issues or jumping?

Thursday 6 Oct 2016
Shane H View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shane H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2010 at 12:08pm
Territorial.
A male/female pair could be housed together. But normally, firefish are mostly solitary in nature.
Tresa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tresa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2010 at 12:48pm
Are you putting the new fish in the 210?
arthuriv View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arthuriv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2010 at 1:51pm
Originally posted by Tresa Tresa wrote:

Are you putting the new fish in the 210?

Yes, half the water in the tank is from the original tank plus 100lbs of the sand and 100lbs of LR so far from the original tank. I still have 150-200lbs of LR to put in but the tank has been running since last Thursday I just put in the last 60 gallons last night to start it running through the sump. I had thought I might put them in my holding tanks for a few days but I think that would spark territorial battles.

Thursday 6 Oct 2016
Tresa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tresa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2010 at 1:56pm
It says above that you still have 100-150 lbs of sand to put in.....if that is the case and considering how long the tank has been running...I would wait to put the fish in. The tank is not going to be stable and those are not the most forgiving fish...
arthuriv View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arthuriv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 26 2010 at 2:50am
Here are some new pictures. I still need to clean the glass some more from the sand dust so the pictures aren't the best! It is really cool when I feed all the Firefish swim around in a large school eating while the Blue Spot jawfish watch everything and tring to sneek out of hiding to eat!!

Thursday 6 Oct 2016
PhotoGlen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PhotoGlen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 26 2010 at 11:14am
It's fun watching,looking good Clap, if you need help just call.  Glen.
I honestly think it is better to be a failure at something you love than to be a success at something you hate.
George Burns

Now two 29 gal. Biocubes
90 gal. with a 40 gal. sump
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic