Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Advertising

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Adam Blundell View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Blundell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Advertising
    Posted: September 08 2002 at 4:04pm

I would like to receive some input from others as to how best to advertise the WMAS.  What would work for you.  I know you are all thinking flyers in pet stores, and we are working on that, a little bit difficult.  What else would you suggest?

I'm really looking for help advertising the REEF TOUR in particular.  If you would like to take flyers to work or school, or something like that, please let me know.  If you have other ideas....... I'm all ears.

Adam

Adam Blundell

President- Wasatch Marine Aquarium Society

Marcus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marcus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 06 2002 at 11:01pm

Give us all shirts that say:

I'm a fish geek

sponsored by WMAS

www.utahreefs.com

What do you think?

DutchDude View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DutchDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 07 2002 at 9:13am
Print some full color, with fishies of course, business cards. Put the WMAS name and meeting place, dates and times - website and email address and contact phone number. Then get some card holders and put them on the counters of the fish stores. I can help design if needed.
Marcus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marcus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 09 2002 at 10:47pm

I wasn't kidding about the shirts guys:

I'M A FISH GEEK

DutchDude View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DutchDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 10 2002 at 8:47am
I think most of us were hoping that you were...
Marcus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marcus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 10 2002 at 1:53pm
and proud of it!!
Firefish View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Firefish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 10 2002 at 9:09pm

LOL...My wife and I call ourselves that.  No joke...we probably go to a fish store at least 5 times a week sometimes more.  I'm a geek too.

As far as advertising goes I think that putting a flyer or two up on all the local college boards may work well.  I know that there are always lots of people checking out the ones at BYU.

Firefish View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Firefish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 10 2002 at 9:12pm
I do think that the newspaper did shed as much light on us as possible.  I know lots of people who saw all the articles in the papers.
Mark Peterson View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 13 2002 at 9:09pm
It's crazy, but the LFS employees hesitate to talk about the WMAS because they don't know just how good it is! And so few of them have come to a meeting to see what it's all about. In some ways we are our own best advertisement. If you see someone that looks like you, another Fish Geek, ask them if they knew there is a club for fish geeks. Then give them the website address, or better yet, ask for their email address and give it to Adam.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic