Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Frogfish Eating

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
jwoo View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jwoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Frogfish Eating
    Posted: April 30 2010 at 12:30pm
So I feed my angler today and he was being pretty cooperative so I grabbed my camera phone. Video is poor quality (cell phone) and you can't even see the shrimp but I still think it's pretty awesome!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sD0Peh6YnmU

Edited by jwoo - April 30 2010 at 12:31pm
None at the moment
Soon: 72 Gallon Bowfront
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Pet Store
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 30 2010 at 4:26pm
Awesome I am glad this one is doing well for you.
jwoo View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jwoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 30 2010 at 6:18pm
Yeah he's doing good so far! Healthy and is eating well. Need to try to get him on frozen next.
None at the moment
jwoo View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jwoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2010 at 10:42pm
UPDATE:

So I've had this guy for three weeks but had been feeding him gut loaded ghost shrimp as I have been traveling and it was easier for the person that was watching my tanks to feed and thought it may take me a week or more to get him on frozen. I got home on Sunday and decided I'd try to feed him some frozen. I have read a lot online about getting them onto frozen and the best methods, how long to try and what to try etc. etc.

I looked around my house and needless to say I had none of the implements or tools that I had read about. So I said screw it and decided to hail mary it. I got a bamboo skewer the type you use for kabobs cut the sharp tip off and got the smallest thawed silverside I had. Thought I should maybe soak it in garlic. Didn't have any. Thought maybe I should wait another day till he was hungrier (he had just eaten three shrimp a day before). Looked at the skewer, the silverside, and said eh why not? I literally had the silverside in front of him for three seconds and BAM gone.

Tonight I decided to try it again. Same results. Had a chunk of silverside (from the middle, not the head or tail) - he ate it anyway. This thing is like a garbage disposal. He's eating anything I put in there.

So question - What should I feed him to supplement his diet? I hear variety is the spice of life, so I probably shouldn't have him on an all silverside diet. Maybe some krill? Squid? Twinkies?
None at the moment
Shane H View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shane H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2010 at 9:37am
Silversides, squid, raw shrimp, any fish from your local Asian market, etc.
Austin123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Austin123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 12 2010 at 10:06pm
most defidently go with twinkies. or ho hos
125 agressive
30 reef
12 jbj nano reef
46 bowfront reef
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic