Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

May 2010 TOTM

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Dion Richins View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dion Richins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: May 2010 TOTM
    Posted: May 08 2010 at 12:08pm

Feel free to ask Steve any and all questions about his system. This forum is all about interaction for  the betterment and enjoyment off all of our captive environments.

Bad "censored" Cabinets
Best quality in the valley! He is one sexy bald guy, even with out a finger!(MAC)
bugzme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bugzme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2010 at 12:43pm
I saw it! Nice chalice and beautiful tank! Did you take the pic's?
Jeff
125 tank
50 gallon sump
T-5 lighting
Rum drinker, Carbon User
I KNOW ROCKS THAT ARE YOUNGER THEN ME!! I AM A Realist! I write what I think!!
Dion Richins View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dion Richins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2010 at 12:55pm
Steve took his own pic's.
Bad "censored" Cabinets
Best quality in the valley! He is one sexy bald guy, even with out a finger!(MAC)
tileman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tileman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2010 at 3:01pm
Great write up Steve, and awsome presentation Dion.  
335G Reef
TOTM.
http://www.advancedaquarist.com/2015/2/aquarium
ReefKeepers TOTM Feb. 2012
http://reefkeeping.com/joomla/index....k-of-the-month

&
CapnMorgan View Drop Down
The Capn'

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CapnMorgan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2010 at 7:35pm
Originally posted by bugzme bugzme wrote:

I saw it! Nice chalice and beautiful tank! Did you take the pic's?

Thanks Jeff, it's just Alien Eye chalice but It has been a cool coral. I grew it from 3 eyes that I got at the Reef Fest in November. I did take the pics as well, thanks!
Steve
My Old 180G Mixed Reef
Currently:
120G Wavefront Mixed
29G Seahorse & Softies
Running ReefAngel Plus x2
435-8
Nick801 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nick801 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2010 at 2:41pm
Looks Great and now that class is finally out for the summer I could take the motorcycle for a spin and come check it out =)
The Capn'

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CapnMorgan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2010 at 5:49pm
Anytime Nick!
Steve
My Old 180G Mixed Reef
Currently:
120G Wavefront Mixed
29G Seahorse & Softies
435-8
partsguy247 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote partsguy247 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2010 at 11:20pm
Looks awesome.Big smile
badger126 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badger126 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2010 at 1:44am
Beautiful tank! I've never seen a hawaiian cleaner before, I'll have to look into that!
Where did you get yours?

Edited by badger126 - May 21 2010 at 1:45am
Connie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Connie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2010 at 6:25am
Wow, That's a beatuiful tank.... Your color is amazing.
I have flying monkeys and I'm not afraid to use them.

180 gallon money pit that I love.....
The Capn'

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CapnMorgan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2010 at 1:26pm
Badger- Thanks, I ordered him in from California. They are a really fragile species so they usually don't do to well in captivity. They are also a fairly rare find (and a little pricey to boot). If you can find one the trick is to get it eating prepared foods asap. After that they are fairly hardy.

Connie- Thanks I really try to add things that are really colorful. So I tend to avoid things that are dull or not really bright. I usually won't buy something unless I get the "have to have that!" reflex. 
Steve
My Old 180G Mixed Reef
Currently:
120G Wavefront Mixed
29G Seahorse & Softies
435-8
ksmart View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ksmart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2010 at 3:41pm
Very awesome!

Ahanix View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ahanix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2010 at 3:44pm
That tank is awesome!, not too sure about the big tank on the right though 

LOL 

Great Job Steve! Beautiful Setup

Edited by Ahanix - May 21 2010 at 3:44pm
The Capn'

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CapnMorgan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 23 2010 at 6:15pm
Thanks! Yeah I myself am not sure if I like looking at the "monster" as everyone here calls it LOL In all actuality the only thing I don't like about it is it's too small!!!
Steve
My Old 180G Mixed Reef
Currently:
120G Wavefront Mixed
29G Seahorse & Softies
435-8
SGH360 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SGH360 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2010 at 10:57pm
That is just amazing. Truly a nature beauty. How old is the tank?
sterling18 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sterling18 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2010 at 11:42pm
I've seen his tank during the reef tour.  If you haven't seen it in person, those pictures don't even do it justice.
The Capn'

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CapnMorgan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2010 at 12:12am
SGH360- Thanks, it's still not done but it's getting there. I'm always finding new stuff to put in it. The tank itself was finished in march but about 2/3 of the coral and most of the fish were moved in from 2 pre-established tanks. I am currently working on procuring a couple more interesting sponges, as well as another clam; but will be adding some more SPS and LPS soon. I'm also planning on the few final fish to add to the mix.

Sterling18- Thanks again! and the phyto and pod cultures have really taken off. My clams thank you!
Steve
My Old 180G Mixed Reef
Currently:
120G Wavefront Mixed
29G Seahorse & Softies
435-8
PhotoGlen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PhotoGlen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2010 at 8:30pm
Not bad, Not bad...WinkLOL  If you get a chance give me a call.  Thanks, Glen.
I honestly think it is better to be a failure at something you love than to be a success at something you hate.
George Burns

Now two 29 gal. Biocubes
90 gal. with a 40 gal. sump
xlr8r View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xlr8r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 28 2010 at 9:50pm
Originally posted by sterling18 sterling18 wrote:

I've seen his tank during the reef tour.  If you haven't seen it in person, those pictures don't even do it justice.

I agree. One must see this tank in person to get the full effect! It's beautiful, Steve really put a lot of work and creativity in it. Good Work!
When you hear hoofbeats....Think of a zebra
smacky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smacky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 04 2010 at 3:34am
Those are some great photos of a phenomenal tank. My only complaint is that I found the WMAS about one week after the reef tour.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic