Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

14g Biocube LED Build 2.0 - Finally Finished

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Chad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 31 2010 at 1:23am
Those boxes look nice and clean though. Good job
What?! You pooped in the refrigerator, and ate the entire wheel of cheese?! I'm not even mad.... That's actually amazing!
Ahanix View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ahanix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 31 2010 at 1:25am
Thanks!, most likely i'll end up making a different project box to throw them in that doesn't have the quick disconnects, just to be safe.   I originally made it so I didn't have to sit on the floor and wire everything in my stand, but that seems to be the safest way.
Ahanix View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ahanix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 31 2010 at 10:26pm
Ok, so scratch pretty much this whole build thread.  Thursday (when I receive my replacement LED's) I will be installing my meanwells in my hood, this will skip the whole project box, and will give me a ton of room in my stand, which now will only house my light timer and power supply. I was concerned about placing the meanwells in the hood, but after testing my cooling I know that this will probably be the best route I can take.

Stay tuned....
Ahanix View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ahanix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 03 2010 at 8:48pm
So I finally finished my LED build yesterday, I've been sick for the last 24 hours Dead but now i feel well enough to get this posted, so here goes.

I decided to go completely away from a "project box" and just install the meanwells in the hood, I was surprised how well they fit, and they don't really generate any extra heat, my fan keeps everything at an awesome temp, so the only real downside is the extra weight in the hood.  They screwed right into where the stock fans were, and I made custom brackets for the top half which I used supermount tape to secure.

Before (Power Compact, 3.24 Upgrade) 3 - 24w Power Compact Bulbs, 1 Actinic, 1 10k Daylight, 1 50/50

LED - 6 Cool White - 6 Royal Blue (Please note that the color is even better than the photo, LED's are very hard to take pictures of correctly, but this is as close as I could get)

Time to go get some SPS Big smile

Please let me know if you have any questions

Edited by Ahanix - June 03 2010 at 8:58pm
bugzme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bugzme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 03 2010 at 9:22pm
Get a frag of an acro! That will really be a test.
Jeff
125 tank
50 gallon sump
T-5 lighting
Rum drinker, Carbon User
I KNOW ROCKS THAT ARE YOUNGER THEN ME!! I AM A Realist! I write what I think!!
Ahanix View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ahanix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 03 2010 at 9:24pm
guess I will have to see if I can find a small one this weekend Big smile
jwoo View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jwoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 03 2010 at 11:37pm
Too bad you weren't at the frag fest! Acro for cheap!
None at the moment
Soon: 72 Gallon Bowfront
kellerexpress View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kellerexpress Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 04 2010 at 12:07am
looks awesome bro!
IM 30L
Kessil A160we x2
Ahanix View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ahanix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 04 2010 at 12:12am
Originally posted by jwoo jwoo wrote:

Too bad you weren't at the frag fest! Acro for cheap!

Yeah, I was really looking forward to the frag fest, but good thing I didn't come, or else you would all probably be sick in a few days LOL
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic