Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

moody GTBA

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
xessive force View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xessive force Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: moody GTBA
    Posted: May 28 2010 at 3:57pm
I have a realitivly new GTBA I have had it for a week and a half now.  When I put it in the little spot I was hoping it would be in at first he was super stressed open mouth etc.  Then it seemed to settle right in nice and open by the next day it had moved to the underside of some rocks where there was no real light.  He stayed pretty much closed under there hanging out for a few days.  I took the rock he was holding onto and turned it over so he would be getting some light but again he moved to a very shady location.  I did notice a pep shrimp picking at it quite a bit so I have removed that shrimp.  He moved around to the back side of the tank where I can not really see him or get pictures of him, but if I can't see him from the top that means he is not getting much light.  It seems a little pointless to me to have a GBTA that you can't see in the tank but being that I am new to the hobby I thought I would ask what the best approach going forward would be.  Just let him be and go where he wants to go?  Or try to get him to a area where there is more light and where I can get to him to spot feed him??
adzmcss View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adzmcss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 28 2010 at 11:21pm
yeah just let it go where it wants to..i had plenty of anemone's and they all had different moods...Some wanted to go higher towards the lights and others wanted to hide where i couldn't see them...But over time he will eventually come to a spot where the lights are ...Try feeding him a peice of meat..they will eat anything..Mine ate frozen krill by hand
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic