Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

125 to 210 Build (Updated w/pics)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 8>
Author
P.Kapp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote P.Kapp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 29 2010 at 12:17pm
If it was placed right over the return pump wouldnt that slow down the flow of the pump? The place where i read it was here on the board. Some people were answering somebody elses question about something. Wont say who they were, but they seem to be pretty reliable sources
kody72 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kody72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 29 2010 at 12:27pm
have you got any closer to setting it up
KODY72 FISHROOM BUILD
281g DT
187g Rimless Frag
ATI PM lighting
SRO DSCR-300ext
P.Kapp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote P.Kapp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 29 2010 at 1:48pm
tcfab is workin on the arm for my light. after that i can start putting things together
Mark Peterson View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 29 2010 at 3:59pm
It's okay to say who they were. There is no need to take offense here.
The "carbon reactor" is not a bad thing. There is no argument that a "reactor" works. I simply offer my understanding about the physics of it. The AC near the return pump intake will have more water passing through the AC and faster than in a "reactor"

The way it sits it is a loose bag that allows water to flow past the AC. Underneath the bag the intake is clear. The amount of obstruction is insignificant to the performance of the pump.
The bag of AC can also be effectively placed in other rapid flow areas of the sump or display.
Reefkeeping Tips, & quick, easy setup tricks:
www.utahreefs.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=9244
Pay it forward - become a paid WMAS member
P.Kapp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote P.Kapp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 29 2010 at 5:16pm
no, im not taking offense. i just dont know these people personally, so im not going to throw out their names without them voluntarily bringing themselves into the discussion. just seems like the polite thing to do. I do appreciate your advice though, and the questions you have helped me with so far 
bugzme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bugzme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 29 2010 at 5:23pm
 The reactor is more efficient!! but what do I know!!
Jeff
125 tank
50 gallon sump
T-5 lighting
Rum drinker, Carbon User
I KNOW ROCKS THAT ARE YOUNGER THEN ME!! I AM A Realist! I write what I think!!
P.Kapp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote P.Kapp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 29 2010 at 5:59pm
Do you know anything else i could run in the 2nd chamber, jeff?
bugzme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bugzme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 29 2010 at 6:05pm

I run gfo and ac in mine. I have another that is tied into my auto top of that I run kalk in. 14k alk which is good imo

Jeff
125 tank
50 gallon sump
T-5 lighting
Rum drinker, Carbon User
P.Kapp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote P.Kapp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 29 2010 at 6:08pm
If you were going to just run the one reactor, with the two chambers, which would you choose? GFO or Kalk? I dont know much about either of the two... do they just work like carbon, where you just change it every couple of weeks?
bugzme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bugzme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 29 2010 at 6:12pm
You would have to run your ro water through the kalk If you run it constantly your alk would go sky high!! Just run Gfo and ac put the ac in the first chamber
Jeff
125 tank
50 gallon sump
T-5 lighting
Rum drinker, Carbon User
P.Kapp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote P.Kapp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 29 2010 at 6:15pm
Sounds good. Thank you!
bugzme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bugzme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 29 2010 at 6:18pm
Don't listen to me! I really don't know anything but I do know how to raise corals. Let other people chime in before you make your final decision.
Jeff
125 tank
50 gallon sump
T-5 lighting
Rum drinker, Carbon User
tcfab View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tcfab Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 29 2010 at 7:13pm
I would use GFO as well
Need custom acrylic work? give me a call, www.Elite-Aquatics.net (801)645-6386
tcfab View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tcfab Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 17 2010 at 11:28am
Any updates? Wink
Need custom acrylic work? give me a call, www.Elite-Aquatics.net (801)645-6386
P.Kapp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote P.Kapp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 17 2010 at 12:53pm
Ha ha. I need to get the gf's camera so i can take some pics and put them up. 
laynframe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote laynframe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 21 2010 at 5:39pm
I want to see the light fixture!Tongue
The time we enjoy wasting isn't wasted time!!!!
bugzme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bugzme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 21 2010 at 5:41pm
I want to see alot of pic's! Please
Jeff
125 tank
50 gallon sump
T-5 lighting
Rum drinker, Carbon User
P.Kapp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote P.Kapp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 21 2010 at 6:06pm
i took some pics of it, but then forgot to bring the sd card to work to upload them. I need to get some stuff goin so i can have more pics for ya jeff Wink Ill try to remember the card and do it tomorrow
bugzme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bugzme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 21 2010 at 6:08pm
Kool I can't wait!! so what are you running in your 2 reactors?

Edited by bugzme - July 21 2010 at 6:08pm
Jeff
125 tank
50 gallon sump
T-5 lighting
Rum drinker, Carbon User
P.Kapp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote P.Kapp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 21 2010 at 7:19pm
I havent set it up yet, but probably going to do the carbon and gfo
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 8>
  Share Topic