Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Hi everybody

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
duotheslayer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote duotheslayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hi everybody
    Posted: July 05 2010 at 11:55am
hello everybodyTongue I am new to the hobby. currently i got a 75G glass fish tank in the works. I got the glass fish tank from PETCO about 250$

with 85G Acrylic tank that i am turning into a sump. i got the sump for 100$LOL i decided to make the acrylic tank the sump because it has been scratched up a bit from previous owner. did a fill test with this own and no leeksClap

my main objectives right now are getting the equipment i need. the things i have now are
75G fish tank
85G sump with acrylic baffles and bubble trap
Reef Octopus (150 Gallon) In Sump Needle Wheel Protein Skimmer 199.99$
Vacuum Pump <- possibly for overflow box but i would rather drill my tank 15.00$
2X 250 W Heater for 90G tank 37.99$

things i need
1. sump pump
2. LS LR <- i want to get some Oolitic sand and  LBTR
3. overflow box will probably make it myself with acrylic / pay sombody to drill the tank
4. pluming
5. stand

things i want
1. ReefKeeper Elite Aquarium Controller
2. power heads/ tunze nano wavebox 6206
3. Lights. both the tanks came with 48" Single tube Fluorescent lamps that will work for now bout i want to get a 48" T5 lighting for my main tank

Edited by duotheslayer - July 05 2010 at 12:00pm
Ahanix View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ahanix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 05 2010 at 1:08pm
Welcome! I have a glass drill bit to do 1 1/2 inch bulkheads if you want to borrow it.

Edited by Ahanix - July 05 2010 at 1:08pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote duotheslayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 05 2010 at 2:32pm

That would be sweet! I am going to be in north Dakota for the next 8 days. But I will talk to you when I get back about borrowing it
Crzyfshguy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crzyfshguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 05 2010 at 2:48pm
contact mike (fishoutawater) on here, he does awesome custom overflows, and drilling at a dang good price. If you haven't drilled glass before I wouldn't try it yourself on a 75 that could be an expensive mistake.

http://www.utahreefs.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=41643&KW=
45G w/ leds
15G sump
MP10es

Mark Peterson View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 05 2010 at 5:57pm

Feel free to call the number below to come choose some LBTR and Utah Oolitic sand from the pile.
Reefkeeping Tips, & quick, easy setup tricks:
www.utahreefs.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=9244
Pay it forward - become a paid WMAS member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote duotheslayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 05 2010 at 8:02pm
Thanks for the info. I will look him up.

Thanks mark I will give you a call when I get home

Edited by duotheslayer - July 05 2010 at 8:08pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic