Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Epoxy Tape? Overflow leaking

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
mrhoney View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrhoney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Epoxy Tape? Overflow leaking
    Posted: July 07 2010 at 10:04pm

I'm still fighting green hair algea.  Turned my pumps off, did some scrubbing, syphoned out the ditritus etc.  I notice the level of water left in my main display tank was lower than normal.

I look at my sump and it's over flowing.  I turn my pumps back on and everything goes back to normal (fortunately I lost only about a gallon of water before I noticed what was happening).

I have a glass tank and clearly my corner overflows have a leak in the seal along the edge. In one or the other sides. 

Do any of you know of a good way to reseal this without draining it?  I'm hoping for some epoxy type of tape that I can use and just apply as I cannot guarantee there won't be any power outages and I don't want to run into this.

I figure if I run into a power outage I can cap off my drain into the sump and that'll prevent a large disaster, but I'd have to be awake to notice the power going off and that's not a good situtation.

Mark Honey
American Fork, UT
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic