Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Here's a great idea! IMO!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
bowens415 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bowens415 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Here's a great idea! IMO!
    Posted: July 14 2010 at 8:18pm
I think that we should have a refferal button somewhere in the member control panel. alot of us know someone or talk to someone that is interested in begining a salt water tank and could use a little help. for instance I have family all over the us and I know a few people that would benifit from this site alot. let me know what you think.
www.oceancrittersconnection.us
Adam Blundell View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Blundell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 15 2010 at 10:05am
Sounds cool, tell me more about how it works. If you click the refferal button- then what happens? How do you use that to contact people?

Adam
Come to a meeting, they’re fun!
bowens415 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bowens415 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 15 2010 at 12:36pm
simple it would allow someone to send a refferal by email to anyone with an email so that they can find the site easily and trust it more since it comes from the person they know.  it shouldnt be hard to setup it could be under member control panel on a tab such as the subscriptions tab and the profile tab.
bowens415 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bowens415 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 15 2010 at 12:44pm

setup a form field for the email that the member can input for the destination email and one for the senders email. and add an optional form field for a message to the recipient. or you can set it up to send a generic welcome text to the recipient. 

Ryan Thompson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ryan Thompson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 15 2010 at 8:36pm
Or how about just sending out an email with the link in it and tell your friends and family what you like about the site?

That would attract more people then a cold referral email, IMO.

My 2 cents.
bowens415 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bowens415 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 15 2010 at 9:04pm
I believe everyone is already doing that but the point of this is to improve the website not my email capabilities. LOL

Will Spencer View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Will Spencer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 18 2010 at 11:21am
We discussed this topic at our last presidency meeting.  As always we appreciate suggestions from our members.  These suggestions help make our club and this website better.

In lieu of making a button dedicated to sending info about the club it was suggested that members use the "Find us on Facebook" link on every page of the website and send links from there.  Find that button on the left hand side of the screen.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic