Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

120g tank build

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>
Author
CapnMorgan View Drop Down
The Capn'

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CapnMorgan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 25 2010 at 6:35pm
I also create lots of arches etc. in my rockwork. Also toadstools will often remain closed for a few days at a time every few weeks to shed the outer "tunic" it will peel off over a couple days and polyps will extend again.
Steve
My Old 180G Mixed Reef
Currently:
120G Wavefront Mixed
29G Seahorse & Softies
Running ReefAngel Plus x2
435-8
bstuver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bstuver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 25 2010 at 8:53pm
I rearranged things and I like it better now, moved the toadstool back to where he was and it looks happier already:)
I will get a pic up later:)
Jackie Stuver

"wait these aren't the happy Hawaiians oompa doompa godly heaven on your face zoas?   I dont want them then. lol!" Ksmart
Luckedout View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luckedout Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 25 2010 at 10:39pm
If you bury the "stilts" down a bit it's a little bit more stable overall. I'm glad I did that because I just picked up an adult engineer goby and it's basically tunneled under ever rock!
-Ben

90g Mixed reef

www.body-balancechiropractic.com

Mark Peterson View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 26 2010 at 9:20am
I am very sorry for the loss you experienced in this move, but it had several good consequences.

Not only did you learn from the experience, but countless other hobbyists have too.Smile

Another hobbyist has just posted the same question that we addressed here. I want to thank all of you because this discussion gave me the opportunity to formulate an answer that was brief and concise. Well it was as brief as I could come up with.Embarrassed It's referenced in a new link in the Tips and How To's section of my big thread below. Thanks to everyone. Hug
Reefkeeping Tips, & quick, easy setup tricks:
www.utahreefs.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=9244
Pay it forward - become a paid WMAS member
bstuver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bstuver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 26 2010 at 2:06pm
Well that's good I am always happy to help others outTongue
And thank you everyone for your help, my tank is looking awesome again:)
Jackie Stuver

"wait these aren't the happy Hawaiians oompa doompa godly heaven on your face zoas?   I dont want them then. lol!" Ksmart
bstuver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bstuver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 29 2010 at 11:41pm
Here are a couple pics from today, I moved a few things around and got a few new things:)

Jackie Stuver

SGH360 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SGH360 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 30 2010 at 12:02am
ClapClapClap bravo thats a cool looking tank
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 30 2010 at 9:00am
Looks fantastic.Thumbs Up
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 30 2010 at 9:11am
I'd still try to clear the LS a little more so water flow can go underneath the aquascaping.
On the right, the Turbinaria ought to have it's edge off the sand. That's bothering it's flesh against the edge. The flesh of Turbinaria ordinarily wraps clear down around the stalk so placing it on a couple rocks and having it face up a little more than it is, will benefit it.
Also too much clutter down in front of the left side rockwork. Sorry. I don't mean to offend. Just calling it as I see it, for your long term benefit.
bugzme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bugzme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 30 2010 at 2:11pm
Jackie, I think your tank looks wonderful!! I would let it mature a little before you start doing things that might cause another cycle. Just my .02 ( did you lose one of the leathers?)

Edited by bugzme - August 30 2010 at 2:13pm
Jeff
125 tank
50 gallon sump
T-5 lighting
Rum drinker, Carbon User
I KNOW ROCKS THAT ARE YOUNGER THEN ME!! I AM A Realist! I write what I think!!
bstuver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bstuver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 30 2010 at 2:23pm
No it's moved towards the back left:) Thanks guys!
Jackie Stuver

bstuver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bstuver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 30 2010 at 3:26pm
Originally posted by Mark Peterson Mark Peterson wrote:

I'd still try to clear the LS a little more so water flow can go underneath the aquascaping.
On the right, the Turbinaria ought to have it's edge off the sand. That's bothering it's flesh against the edge. The flesh of Turbinaria ordinarily wraps clear down around the stalk so placing it on a couple rocks and having it face up a little more than it is, will benefit it.
Also too much clutter down in front of the left side rockwork. Sorry. I don't mean to offend. Just calling it as I see it, for your long term benefit.

I moved the Turbinaria so it was sitting up I was trying to figure out how to get him up but hadn't had the chance to do it.
I am guessing you think I just have all my rock stacked and there isn't any flow under but that's not true actually my overflows don't go all the way down the the bottom they only go a bit further than halfway and it is all open space open sand back behind them. Also there are only a few rocks that are completely on the sand, most of my rockwork is leaning on others so i think it should be fine. As for the front left I like it that way it has most of my mushrooms and palys to that side and I like it. I was at Jared's (jbutler) the other day and his tank he has downstairs going through the wall was amazing and I could barely see any sand.
Jackie Stuver

bugzme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bugzme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 30 2010 at 4:17pm
You are fine with what you have open! You saw my tank and I have less open sand then you do.
Jeff
125 tank
50 gallon sump
T-5 lighting
Rum drinker, Carbon User
I KNOW ROCKS THAT ARE YOUNGER THEN ME!! I AM A Realist! I write what I think!!
bstuver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bstuver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 30 2010 at 6:44pm
Originally posted by bugzme bugzme wrote:

You are fine with what you have open! You saw my tank and I have less open sand then you do.

Thanks JeffWink
Jackie Stuver

skimace7 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skimace7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 30 2010 at 10:56pm
Looks really good!
sanddune600 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sanddune600 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 30 2010 at 11:17pm
looks very good thanks for your trial I probably had a better move from reading this I lost one clown that went over the overflow and got caught in the plumbing it was a Rods Onyx so I am not happy but I feel that I had a very successful move and have now changed things so that hopefully I dont loose more fish in the plumbing
Andy Jorgensen
My number is four three 5 7 six four 8 0 three four
bstuver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bstuver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 30 2010 at 11:24pm
Awesome glad to hear! Sorry about the clown that really sucks nothing like money down the drainCry so to speak.
Jackie Stuver

bstuver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bstuver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 02 2010 at 8:04pm
Here are some new shots of corals and fish, I will get a full tank shot as well up soon.

Jackie Stuver

kellerexpress View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kellerexpress Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 03 2010 at 10:48pm
Your tank is looking awesome, good job!
IM 30L
Kessil A160we x2
bstuver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bstuver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 03 2010 at 11:36pm

Here are some tank shots:

Left side

Right side

Jackie Stuver

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>
  Share Topic