Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Reef supplements

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
mikebrennan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikebrennan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Reef supplements
    Posted: July 22 2010 at 12:52am
I use fuel, calcium, and carbonate buffers, iodine, and lastly zoomed. Are there any recomendations for other chemicals brands. Are they really even needed?
SGH360 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SGH360 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 22 2010 at 8:26am
I think you have all of the supplements you need. I dose calciium, magnesium, strontium once a week
Ryan Thompson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ryan Thompson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 22 2010 at 9:29am
Magnesium is definitely needed in my opinion. Don't use Seachem Magnesium though.

I get all of my supps from Bulk Reef Supply. I know that Sklyer(exoticreefonline) can bring Bulk Reef Supply stuff too. He has way good prices and is awesome to work with.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikebrennan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 22 2010 at 9:50am
Hmmm bulk i never thought of that, i keep reading about stratonium so i willing probably adding that to the mix, thanks guys
Mark Peterson View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 22 2010 at 10:26am
Originally posted by mikebrennan mikebrennan wrote:

I use fuel, calcium, and carbonate buffers, iodine, and lastly zoomed. Are there any recomendations for other chemicals brands. Are they really even needed?

I don't see Mg listed?
What is zoomed?
When you say "Carbonate buffers" are you speaking of sodium bicarbonate to add Alkalinity?
Reefkeeping Tips, & quick, easy setup tricks:
www.utahreefs.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=9244
Pay it forward - become a paid WMAS member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikebrennan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 22 2010 at 2:33pm
Sorry typo. I meant zoomax. An yes on alkalinity buffer
Mark Peterson View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 23 2010 at 8:13am
Some of the "trace elements" we often hear about like Sr and I are replenished in the foods we feed and in the water changes. Some of these are found in easy multi-component additives. Unless a lot of coral is being grown and harvested, I have found little need to add much beyond Baking Soda and Ice Melt weekly as needed and maybe a little Epsom Salt a couple times/year. Smile
Reefkeeping Tips, & quick, easy setup tricks:
www.utahreefs.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=9244
Pay it forward - become a paid WMAS member
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic