Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Exciting Meeting!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
reptoreef View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reptoreef Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Exciting Meeting!!!
    Posted: November 04 2004 at 10:39pm

Tonight's meeting was the bomb!!! Adam, wanna give a word-for-word of your wrasse story? BTW, awesome selection of frags!!! Thanks go out to all who got a coral or 2 from me, as well.

Jason 

www.captivereefing.com
Mark Peterson View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 04 2004 at 11:25pm
I agree.

Renee, I could not have done it without you. You are awesome. You can be the next Treasurer.
Reefkeeping Tips, & quick, easy setup tricks:
www.utahreefs.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=9244
Pay it forward - become a paid WMAS member
Weimers View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Weimers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 04 2004 at 11:30pm
That would be cool.  Wait...  that would be cool as long as I get to buy frags!   Thanks for the snuggle at the table, boys!     Also many thanks to everyone who asked how Damon is doing.  Looks like he might be home mid-January.  He asks about WMAS all the time.  Today, we chatted about, "where does WMAS find all these great people who have time to cut corals and run speakers around?  Are they all independently wealthy?"  It was worth a laugh.  He brought it up. 
Renee and Damon Weimer
Tankless in Hawaii
Suzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 05 2004 at 5:36am
Crap! We had an "issue" at shift change! My job gets in the way
of my life!

What did we cut up? Did Adam look cute as usual? Did Jake
do the cutting? Did Jon be a smart guy? Did Mark smile the
whole meeting? Did anybody get bounced out?

Did you save me any frags? The one with the purple tips?

I'm starting a red, white and blue tank. Did one of the frags look
kinda blue?
Weimers View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Weimers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 05 2004 at 6:33am

Suzy:  We cut up bird's nest, pocillipora, yellow leather, plating montipora, and ?? others.  There were so many frags!  Maybe I'm the only one that thought there were lots of them, but it was something like 7 or 8 boxes of the little guys.  Auctioned off a blue tort, encrusting montipora (which I won for $50), a pink bird's nest, and a couple others.   

Adam looked cute.  Jake made frags go "ping!"  Jon and his lovely wife were both exceptionally smart.  Mark grinned like a kid playing marbles on the playground, and we didn't have any bouncers to bounce - - but the meeting was so cool that we didn't need any!  So all was good. 

The only "blue" frag I saw was a blue tort donated by Danny Luek, won by reptoreef.  (Kudos to Danny & Jason!  Danny ~ you know I still would love a frag, right?) 

~and that's about it that I can think of.  Except those SUPER nummy goodies... they are always scintillatingly exquisite!

Renee and Damon Weimer
Tankless in Hawaii
Shane H View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shane H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 05 2004 at 8:56am
I stopped by Jason's (reptoreef) on my way home from school last night to check out his newly acquired frags.

WOW!!

The WMAS outdid itself again. Those were some amazing corals and you can't beat the price. I didn't go away empty handed though. As usual, repto was generous with his bounty.

How about those Friday meetings?
Adam Blundell View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Blundell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 05 2004 at 10:44am

Friday meeting next month!

Adam

Come to a meeting, they’re fun!
reptoreef View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reptoreef Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 05 2004 at 11:49am

Thanks... not a problem. I am totally satisfied with what I got... not at all unpleased.

Jason

www.captivereefing.com
improdigal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote improdigal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 05 2004 at 2:25pm

That was an awesome meeting. I was really looking to beef up my tank with some nice SPS now that I have the lights for it. This meeting hit the spot.

BTW, to everyone that took all the Lavendar Lady before I could get to the table..... I'll be looking to trade frags in the future.

Loving everything else, SPS sure add some nice color to the tank.

p.s. Adam, next time bring a joke instead

Edited by improdigal
Patrick
ewaldsreef View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ewaldsreef Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 05 2004 at 2:45pm
Thank you wmas for a great meeting. Always have a good time at the wmas meetings.
Contact me for professional aquarium maintenance and localy grown coral frags. [URL=http://www.aquatitranquility.com][/URL]

Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Blundell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 05 2004 at 5:38pm

I'm glad you all enjoyed the meeting.  I was a little embarrased and disapointed in that I didn't feel it was educational enough, especially for new members.  Hopefully we can improve in that area.

Patrick- next time I'm not planning on a joke, just to have everything else ready to go on time.

Adam

Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Blundell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 05 2004 at 5:47pm

Patrick- and hey wait a minute!  Isn't it interesting to know why wrasse have horizontal stripes but tangs and angels don't?  I mean come on, Rob A is one cool wrasse.

Adam

lex0219 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lex0219 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 05 2004 at 6:34pm

if only i was adopted into the wmas by one of ther members *coughsuzycough* *coughweimerscough*...or if only i where rich wish i could have been there i would be the 14 year old learning everything i can

alexander j goodwin

"I will search until i find my happily ever after"-renee

tanks
10 gal dwarf
30 gal fw
10 gal nano reef
12 gal nano cub

The Air Force is where it is!
reptoreef View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reptoreef Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 05 2004 at 6:41pm
Consider yourself adopted(in spirit, for now) by all the WMAS!!!
www.captivereefing.com
Weimers View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Weimers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 05 2004 at 11:27pm

Definitely!  I'd second that!  

Renee

Suzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 06 2004 at 7:37am
Alex, you gotta find your club! If there isn't one, you can start
one! Adam couldn't drive when this one was started! Now look
at us! And, this club really isn't that old.....
lex0219 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lex0219 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 06 2004 at 7:57pm
well my hans are sorta tied up right now so i cant start 1 and the nerest club is a 3 hour drive
"I will search until i find my happily ever after"-renee

tanks
10 gal dwarf
30 gal fw
10 gal nano reef
12 gal nano cub

The Air Force is where it is!
Will Spencer View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Will Spencer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 08 2004 at 3:24pm

Originally posted by Adam Blundell Adam Blundell wrote:

I was a little embarrased and disapointed in that I didn't feel it was educational enough, especially for new members.  Hopefully we can improve in that area.

Adam, (and the rest of the Presidency,) I know that you wanted to do some demonstrating and that sort of didn't seem to happen at the last meeting.  Maybe next time the dash-for-a-frag part could happen first and those that are interested can hang around later to see the demonstrations.  Just make sure you keep a few pieces of each coral for demonstration.  That way those who want to see the demonstration are able to get frags and then come back for the demonstration and those that just want frags can grab and run.  This would also make for a much smaller group at the demonstration tables and that could take place on a more 1 to 1 or at least 1 to 10 scale rather than needing to use a camera to show the demonstration.

Just a thought...

Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Blundell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 08 2004 at 3:31pm

I like that idea, especially since during these meetings so many people want to get their corals and leave.  No reason to make everyone sit there who doesn't want to sit there. 

Adam

jfinch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jfinch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 09 2004 at 7:28am
Will, excellent idea.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic