Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Did you hear?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Corey Price View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Corey Price Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Did you hear?
    Posted: July 22 2010 at 11:31pm
I'm baaack!

My name is Corey Price, and I've been involved in reefkeeping since early 2004. I have owned a 120g tank and I am now the fish nazi at work, helping to maintain a 144g reef that my firm bought and pays for in our reception area. I sold the 120 and had a 225 Lee-mar custom-built, hoping that was going to be my dream tank. Unfortunately, we decided to move, and the tank was shelved.

Some of you know that I've been trying to sell the dream tank. Well, that hasn't gone as planned.

Here's a quick picture story of what happened this past year. First, I hit a curb on black ice and did some damage to one of our cars, so I decided to replace the clutch & CV axles at the same time. A two-saturday job became a six-week, tough period of one thing wrong after another. The car is definitely good for another 100k+ miles now. Can you guess what motor it is?

I felt bad that I have been married for many good years and never bought my wife (a double music major) a piano. So, here's the reason behind trying to sell the Lee-mar:

Yeah, that one was $$$$$. Ouch, but we bought it for the sound & quality and it will outlast us. The other part of it was my desire for this:

The car thing was hopeless after researching my dream car heavily. Awesome old cars, and definitely ahead of their time, despite a bad reputation for poor reliability. The car idea was protested vehemently, and I thought there would be mutiny in the family. So, I gave the idea up for good. FInally, I had some free time on my hands, and I built this on the kitchen table:

I spent the last few nights after my two kids went to bed tirelessly scrubbing on a wood jointer's neglect (rust) in order to build a stand. I also bought and fixed a heavy-duty Canadian-made table saw, and bought some maple for the new stand. The tool purchases were also to build some much-needed furniture that we like. I now only need to flatten, plane, and rip som 6/4 maple for the stand. Keep an eye out in the tank thread, because the stand should go together quickly.

SGH360 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SGH360 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 23 2010 at 1:11am
Is that a Nissan 300zx motor?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Corey Price Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 23 2010 at 7:38am
No, it's not a 300ZX. It's a Maxima.
xlr8r View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xlr8r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 24 2010 at 3:55pm
Better yet,

Is that a Pantera? 
When you hear hoofbeats....Think of a zebra
chk4tix View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chk4tix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 24 2010 at 5:35pm
Originally posted by Corey Price Corey Price wrote:

No, it's not a 300ZX. It's a Maxima.

VQ35DE?

Original Crappy Reef Club Member #2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Corey Price Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 24 2010 at 5:56pm
Xlr8r- yes that's a Detomaso Pantera. I was close to buying one. The picture is another one at the recent exotic/idiotic car auction.

And the engine is just a 3.0 liter VQ.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic