FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

300g Marineland Starphire

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Pet Store
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 300g Marineland Starphire
    Posted: August 07 2010 at 7:45pm
This one is for Jeff, oh and everyone else that was at the meeting. This is great here it goes, I will update this thread every week for a few weeks with a video of the tank. The tank is coming up on 4 weeks of up and running and most of the stuff is new since Wednesday. Here is a list of what is new from Wednesday. The items that came in on Wednesday came from Fiji and were transhipped to Utah please remember that Fiji wild acros are hard to keep alive and do not handle well when shipped for long periods of time.  

Corals:
10 Wild LG-XLG Fiji Acros
12 Cultured Fancy Acros
2 cultured Montipora
2 Wild montipora
2 chalices mycedium
2 purple plates
1 orange carnation
3 sea fans
1 xenia
15 zoanthid colonies

Fish:
5 Squamipinnis anthias
5 Dispar Anthias
2 Dartfish Scissortail
1 Orange Spot Rabbitfish
1 Blue Unicorn Tang
1 Moorish Idol
1 Vlamingi tang

This tank already had fish and corals in them since the 3rd day it was set up. The fish list so far in this tank.

1 Foxface Fiji
3 Purple Queen Anthias
6 Purple Firefish
6 Firefish
1 Goldrim tang
1 Powder Blue tang
2 Blue Hippo Tang
1 Royal Gramma
1 Purple Pseudochromis
1 Racoon Butterfly
2 Per Clownfish
2 False Percs
2 Black and white clowns
1 Radient Wrasse
1 Exquiste Wrasse
2 Multi Banded Pipefish

Oh I am sure I missed more but that is all I can think of at this time. The point of this thread is to show that when set up right the tank can handle a heavy change as long as the owner makes the correct changes for the tank as well. I will post a video of the tank every week to show that everything is doing fine. There are a few things that had problems in the old tank but are doing better now, bowerbanki acans, wellsophyllias, rhizos, leathers and a few other things.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Pet Store
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 07 2010 at 7:46pm
First video for this post taken today sorry a little girl was playing in the back on her PSP and I am moving around an MP40W ES at the first.

Edited by snailson - August 07 2010 at 7:48pm
bugzme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bugzme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 07 2010 at 9:16pm
Yeah So I taught you well ! Grasshopper! I would like to see the mycediem chalice. I'm sure all corals and fish will live. BTW corals are looking a little pale! LMAO
Jeff
125 tank
50 gallon sump
T-5 lighting
Rum drinker, Carbon User
I KNOW ROCKS THAT ARE YOUNGER THEN ME!! I AM A Realist! I write what I think!!
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Pet Store
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 07 2010 at 10:43pm
Hey I posted this so you could tell me all my corals where going to die. Some are pale in real life but my camera doesn't help either it sucks
bugzme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bugzme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 08 2010 at 10:54am
So what died last night? Was that a blue slimer I saw?

Edited by bugzme - August 08 2010 at 10:57am
Jeff
125 tank
50 gallon sump
T-5 lighting
Rum drinker, Carbon User
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Pet Store
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 08 2010 at 2:49pm
Well just about everything in the whole tank passed away. The blue slimer? It is a green slimmer with blue coralites, or so it is right now, there are a few really nice blue pieces that came in. I will have frags of them all here within a month once they heal up. They are kinda touchy right now and I am sure fragging them wont make it any better. The tank is crystal clear right now and everything is doing well. I have great ployp extension on every SPS and the LPS are doing great, only problem is the dang zoanthids are not opening very much.

The levels as of today are:
KH 12.0
Ca 490
MG 1350
SR 28
No2 0
No3 25
Po4 0
NH4 0

Edited by snailson - August 08 2010 at 2:49pm
bugzme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bugzme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 08 2010 at 2:53pm
What's the ph? Dose vitamin c for those zoa's
Jeff
125 tank
50 gallon sump
T-5 lighting
Rum drinker, Carbon User
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Pet Store
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 08 2010 at 2:56pm

The green slimmer in front or the tort in the back? The tort in the back is very light in color and has blueish green coralites on it and then a blue/ green base.

kellerexpress View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kellerexpress Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 12 2010 at 2:13am
awesome
IM 30L
Kessil A160we x2
bugzme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bugzme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 12 2010 at 10:55am
Are you running a denitrator, carbon or anything like that?
Jeff
125 tank
50 gallon sump
T-5 lighting
Rum drinker, Carbon User
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Pet Store
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 12 2010 at 11:07am
I threw in 2.5 gallons of carbon last night, lol does that help? LOL I have a medication that I put in for a fish that wasn't doing to well and it is starting to cause other problems so I through in the carbon to get rid of it. Think I through in enough or do I need to run more?
skimace7 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skimace7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 12 2010 at 11:13am
This is the size of tank I want to do... Well done! Have you posted somewhere the equipment you are running ie, Lights, skimmer, sump, ect.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Pet Store
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 12 2010 at 11:14am
nope not yet, I will when it is all done with all the corals and fish I will update it with pictures of everything.
kellerexpress View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kellerexpress Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 26 2010 at 5:55am
update?
IM 30L
Kessil A160we x2
builderofdreams View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote builderofdreams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 28 2010 at 11:39am
Beautiful piece of art work.
It's Not a Hobby It's an Obsession
150&210 Gallons of Madness and. Sanity! 801-850-4915

http://www.utahreefs.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=65135&title=builderofdreams-feedback-post
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic