Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Zach's 55 gallon HOB setup

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
bur01014 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bur01014 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Zach's 55 gallon HOB setup
    Posted: August 08 2010 at 5:46pm
Just thought I'd do a few pictures updating my 55 gallon.  Don't be fooled, this isn't a frag tank, hence the small corals.  However, you could call it a poor man's tank.  No sump on this, everything is HOB and yes the equip is quite ugly, but hopefully my next upgrade (bigger tank) will come with an appropriate stand that can hold a decent size sump.  However, that will have to wait and I am learning about this hobby with what I currently have.  Tank is now 5 or 6 months old and I think I have experienced close to every problem that can occur.  Nonetheless I haven't given up.

Setup Details:

Std. 55 Gallon
6X54 Watt T5s
Aqua C Remora Pro w/ Mag Pump Skimmer
2.5 Gallon HOB refugium w/ rubble and macro....and tons of pods
2 Korilla 3s and an Aqua via 1300 For flow
Roughly 100 lbs LR
Utah Sand
Aqualifter pump on timer for ATO
9w UV sterilizer

Most of these pictures I am just posting because I want to monitor the growth of my small frags over the course of the next several months.  I couldn't get a good full tank shot because the lights just mess with my phone too much.  Comments on any changes or improvements to my setup would be well appreciated, thanks.  BTW- excuse photo quality- cell phone is my main camera for now Embarrassed

left side- i feel the hatin towards the skull comin....coraline started though Wink

Right side-  Open sand/swimming space in the middle of islands....perhaps a brain, clam or something in the future...

Corals (Mixed Reef)

Supposedly Green BN.....not too green huh?

little lonely favia...

excuse the glass algae....

My favorite and fastest growing (beats out my xenia)

phew, think thats all of my little guys...

Edited by bur01014 - August 08 2010 at 5:50pm
bugzme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bugzme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 08 2010 at 5:50pm
Very nice! What t-5's are you running? Like the color!
1 thing about frags is they will grow very fast if you give them what they need.
Jeff
125 tank
50 gallon sump
T-5 lighting
Rum drinker, Carbon User
I KNOW ROCKS THAT ARE YOUNGER THEN ME!! I AM A Realist! I write what I think!!
bur01014 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bur01014 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 08 2010 at 6:23pm
2 ATI Blue Plus, 2 UVL Super Actinics, 1 KZ Fiji Purple, and one stock 10,000k "white" bulb....my frags probably won't grow nearly as fast as yours, but hoping to notice small changes monthly.....

Edited by bur01014 - August 08 2010 at 6:24pm
ljbs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ljbs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 08 2010 at 8:59pm
that's a great start and a great variety.  Good luck
Linda Spencer
West Jordan
From My little corner of the sea
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic