Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Flatworms!!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Goonter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goonter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Flatworms!!!
    Posted: August 25 2010 at 8:33pm
So I have had the clear aceol flatworms that are no big deal for a while (the ones that just eat copepods). I was looking today, and it seems like i have about 10 or so of those rust colored dreaded ones that i have heard everyone talk about. I know they are bad, but i have no clue how to get rid of these!?!? Can anyone who has been through this help me out before the problem gets out of control and these grow like crazy?

thanks!

Nick801 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nick801 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 25 2010 at 8:42pm
suck out as many as you can then nuke the rest with flatworm exit that is if you are only seeing 10 or so =) if you have quite a few be carefull with the nuking

Edited by Nick801 - August 25 2010 at 8:43pm
Mark Peterson View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 26 2010 at 10:46am
You may want to read the thread about this that is linked in the Tips and How To's section of my Reefkeeping Tips thread below. Smile

Edited by Mark Peterson - August 26 2010 at 10:54am
Reefkeeping Tips, & quick, easy setup tricks:
www.utahreefs.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=9244
Pay it forward - become a paid WMAS member
Summertop View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Summertop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 26 2010 at 11:19am
If you catch them early, they are pretty easy to get rid of.  I had a huge problem with them once...tried six-line wrasses and other ways and didn't make a dent..  Here is how I got rid of them:

http://www.utahreefs.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=42112&PID=366720#366720
===========

Shawn Winterbottom
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic