Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

red flatworms?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
becken View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote becken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: red flatworms?
    Posted: August 28 2010 at 2:04pm
I've seen these a little while back but just curious as to what they are.  the are very visible to the eye. 

And

This is in a 14 gallon nano that is doing very well has a yellow goby and a tiger pistol shrimp, these cream zoas/palys...whatever...a red lobo some birdsnest some metallic green star polyp and a new green welso (I think)...oh ya and TONS of copepods/amphipods
75g with 40g breeder, Dion stand and canopy, G4 skimmer, mag 12 return with seaswirl, 2 AI Vega LEDs
becken View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote becken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 28 2010 at 2:05pm
I haven't seen them move either in the past 10 min
75g with 40g breeder, Dion stand and canopy, G4 skimmer, mag 12 return with seaswirl, 2 AI Vega LEDs
SGH360 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SGH360 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 28 2010 at 2:18pm
yup those are flatworms and the bad kind. i'll start to get some FWE probably a six line wrasse to lower the population. those a mean little critters, when did you start noticing them? what was the most recent coral you introduced?
becken View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote becken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 28 2010 at 2:29pm
I'll probably just get a six line, I don't remember how long ago 2 weeks maybe a month, the newest coral was the green welso but before that the only thing I could think of would be the xenia I traded Ahanix, hope he doesn't have them, most of the other corals came out of my other tank and I haven't noticed any on anything especially my tri-color acro or eagle eye zoas
and the green welso was added yesterday

Edited by becken - August 28 2010 at 2:30pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic