Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

hello everyone

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
marlowrd123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marlowrd123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: hello everyone
    Posted: August 30 2010 at 11:33pm
Hello fellow aquarium athusiasts,

I am in the process of setting up a tank again.  Its been about 15 years or so but I think it will be fun to give it a shot again.  I had a few salt tanks for 2 or 3 years at a time and had mild success.  Sometimes it was fun and other times could wear one down a bit.  Im looking forward to it along with ideas, and help from all of you. 

I currently work as a postal carrier in Sugarhouse with my wife who is also a Postal Carrier a few routes away from me.  I am also in the Air National Guard.  My main pastime/passion is photography and scenery in particular.  I'll have a few images posted from the Photographic Print Society at Lambs restaurant down town starting tomorrow night (tuesday 31 september).  Its a show of images that made the cut with the print society competitions during the year.  My main web page is raymondmarlowphotography.com 
Look forward to building the tank and asking questions of which I'll have many where filtration, lighting and basic set up is concerned.  I hope to learn more about the club and perhaps go to a few of the socials before to long. 
CapnMorgan View Drop Down
The Capn'

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CapnMorgan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 30 2010 at 11:39pm
Welcome! You have found the best place to get all your questions answered, and help for other hobbyists with no strings attached. The meetings are also fun and great ways to meet other fish geeks. I'm out in Tooele, but if you ever have any questions feel free to let me know, my # is also in my signature. 
Steve
My Old 180G Mixed Reef
Currently:
120G Wavefront Mixed
29G Seahorse & Softies
Running ReefAngel Plus x2
435-8
bugzme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bugzme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 31 2010 at 6:37am
Welcome!
Jeff
125 tank
50 gallon sump
T-5 lighting
Rum drinker, Carbon User
I KNOW ROCKS THAT ARE YOUNGER THEN ME!! I AM A Realist! I write what I think!!
sklnkl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sklnkl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 02 2010 at 9:09pm
Hi , my name is Aby .It's gald to meet you..LOLLOLLOL
And welcome!!!!ClapClapClap

ed hardy clothes/ed hardy clothing/ed hardy shirts

Mark Peterson View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 06 2010 at 2:22pm
Welcome to both newcomers.
The hobby has come a long way in 15 years.
Back then, I didn't know about Alkalinity(not pH), one of the four most important water parameters.
The link below in my sig line tells more about reefkeeping the way we do it today.Smile
Reefkeeping Tips, & quick, easy setup tricks:
www.utahreefs.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=9244
Pay it forward - become a paid WMAS member
Dion Richins View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dion Richins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 08 2010 at 8:49am
Welcome to the Addiction. Both past and present!!!!! Let me know if there is anything I can do to help :)
Bad "censored" Cabinets
Best quality in the valley! He is one sexy bald guy, even with out a finger!(MAC)
Turbostud653 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Turbostud653 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 05 2010 at 1:27pm
Welcome to a great club!
Here is what a customer said while on hold Oh my gosh! Did you open the door? I told you not to open the door. Dre is in here completely naked and he's got freak'n Macaroni and Cheese in his hands.
Will Spencer View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Will Spencer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 05 2010 at 3:16pm
Welcome.  I can't wait to meet you at a meeting.  Our next one is on Thursday this week.  We will demonstrating Coral Fragging Techniques...and generally having a good time.
TriggerHappy View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TriggerHappy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 05 2010 at 4:51pm
Welcome and happy reefing!
210 gallon Mixed Reef
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic