Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

20g Build

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
rwccomptech View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rwccomptech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 16 2010 at 10:19pm
No they just fit in those places so well, nothing in my tanks is "glued" i wanna put gsp on the glass(back) of my tank, so I guess i'll need to get some superglue, what kinds are the best
Ron
20g
60x turnover
30" current pc fixture
BobC63 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BobC63 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 16 2010 at 11:30pm
Originally posted by rwccomptech rwccomptech wrote:

Bicolor angel (dwarf)
Yellow Angel/false lemon (dwarf)
Lawnmower Blennie
Six- Line wrasse
Yellow wrasse
Mandarin Goby
These are the fish I'm looking at,
i have my chromis, 2 skunk clowns and my green clown gobie

A Lawnmower Blenny would be a good choice for an algae eating fish in your size tank.

Also, some snails if you don't already have some.
- My Current Tank: 65g Starfire (sitting empty for 2+ years) -

* Marine & Reef tanks since 1977 *
BobC63 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BobC63 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 16 2010 at 11:32pm
Oh, and gobies don't move around as much as most other fish.

They kind of "perch" on the rocks or in the sand.

I wouldn't worry if he's not that active yet.

Ahanix View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ahanix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 17 2010 at 12:06am
I wouldn't try a mandarin. They are VERY hard to keep / get on frozen... Unless you want to pay a ton of money to buy an ORA tank raised mandarin. I'm not saying it isn't impossible to do, but I wouldn't even dare to keep one in my 40 breeder at the moment, I might try one sometime next year, but they need to be fat and healthy, and have a pretty good supply of copepods to buffer the time you take to get them to eat frozen food.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rwccomptech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 17 2010 at 12:13am
I know But tank size is understandeable, but ive had a huge copepod bloom within the past week, i found 12 of these starfish things, alof of little clear bugage and 30-40 of the worm looking things. Oh and i have seen alot of bristle worms. and i found all the starfish things not to far from each other.
Ron
20g
60x turnover
30" current pc fixture

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rwccomptech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 17 2010 at 12:20am
Ok so far, no one has really said anything about the pic? :/
Ron
20g
60x turnover
30" current pc fixture
BobC63 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BobC63 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 17 2010 at 12:50am
Pics look fine to me.

Oh, and the brown algae is actually diatoms; pretty common on newer tanks.

It will gradually fade and be replaced by green first, and then purple, algae.

If you have a spare powerhead laying around the extra flow will help speed up the demise of the diatoms

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rwccomptech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 17 2010 at 12:52am
I dont have a spare powerhead, but i have alot of flow in that tank to begin with lol.
Ron
20g
60x turnover
30" current pc fixture

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rwccomptech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 18 2010 at 3:19am
Ok so now I'm noticing that Ich is back...... The bad luck I had with my last attempt at fish....... Now I have no Idea what to do, I cant really go out and buy a Uv steralizer... I'm at a complete loss right now.
Ron
20g
60x turnover
30" current pc fixture

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rwccomptech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 18 2010 at 3:22am
If anyone could know of a few things I can do, my number is 8018823099
Ron
20g
60x turnover
30" current pc fixture
bugzme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bugzme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 18 2010 at 7:25pm
Ron, Your tank is doing well! Patience is a virtue!!
Jeff
125 tank
50 gallon sump
T-5 lighting
Rum drinker, Carbon User
I KNOW ROCKS THAT ARE YOUNGER THEN ME!! I AM A Realist! I write what I think!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rwccomptech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 18 2010 at 7:25pm
Thanks dude
Ron
20g
60x turnover
30" current pc fixture

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rwccomptech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 20 2010 at 12:05pm
Ok so to fix the ich issue im gonna try and find a cleaner shrimp for a decent price
Ron
20g
60x turnover
30" current pc fixture
Chris Scott View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Scott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 20 2010 at 2:02pm
yea i got a cleaner shrimp about 3 weeks ago.  within a week I already saw him climbing on my foxface to clean him!

55g Bowfront Corner Reef

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rwccomptech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 20 2010 at 2:16pm
Sweet, sound good now i just got to find one at a good price

Ron
20g
60x turnover
30" current pc fixture
bur01014 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bur01014 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 20 2010 at 3:25pm
got mine from fish 4 u a couple weeks ago....they were on sale for 14.99 I think....probably still on sale..call them

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rwccomptech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 21 2010 at 3:01am
Prob will, ill check the aquarium out first see what they have, I'm out in sandy all the time anyways
Ron
20g
60x turnover
30" current pc fixture

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rwccomptech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 21 2010 at 11:26pm
I had a huge idea to help out with the ich
Ron
20g
60x turnover
30" current pc fixture
superman1981 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote superman1981 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 22 2010 at 9:53am
Are you mixing Garlic Oil with your food? This should help with the ich. My blue tang likes to get ich every few months, but the garlic is usually enough to clear up the problem in a few days.
Sure you are, you are Crappy Reef Club Member #1 -Chk4tix

6 gal nanocube
65 gal build thread

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rwccomptech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 22 2010 at 11:17am
Garlic oil hasnt done crap, no I have figured out that nass snails are carniv. and they get all their food from the sand, so if you get a few of them it will eat the ich eggs off the sand and thats mucho bueno, also im gonna get a cleaner shrimp to clean the fish off.
Ron
20g
60x turnover
30" current pc fixture
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic