Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

20g Build

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
rwccomptech View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rwccomptech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 20g Build
    Posted: September 08 2010 at 1:32pm
Ok so far this is my 20g build. Of course I'm going sumpless but on my next one I will incorporate the sump.
I have this huge aquaclear filter (rated at like 70g+ most likely) that I'm running cheato(thanks to nick) in. So to save me some money here is what I did for my substrate. I took all the sand out of the 10g and baked it (their was ick present.) Then I got about 15lbs of agronite and added that in as well. Nick also gave me about 30lbs of LBTR and I used about 15lbs of my own, I still need a cup of seeding sand and maybe one more peice of LR to help with seeding the rock. Lighting, well I'm using PC's using a 420 NM Actinic and a 10000k daylight which I might switch to an Odessey 12000k Daylight. I also have 5 led moon lights to help with that. I got a 24" light with the tank that I placed over both hob filters to run a refugeium. WIll prob switch to a 25-45 watt idcanessent or something like that. For flow I have my Koraila Nano(240), a Maxi jet 900(230), Aquaeon hob20(125) and they aquaclear refugium(600gph? cant find specs rn600). So that puts me at roughly 1195gph or 59x turn over. I am running activated carbon in the aquaeon seeing how the no3 and no4's should be taken care of by the cheato. I'll add pictures later on after work.
Ron
20g
60x turnover
30" current pc fixture
MadReefer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MadReefer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 08 2010 at 1:46pm
Originally posted by rwccomptech rwccomptech wrote:

WIll prob switch to a 25-45 watt idcanessent or something like that.
Cheap spiral fluorescents work great for the fuge.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rwccomptech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 08 2010 at 2:00pm
Sweet Thanks
Ron
20g
60x turnover
30" current pc fixture
Lewy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lewy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 08 2010 at 2:43pm
Just make sure they are "daylight"
40 gal w/ 20 sump
bugzme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bugzme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 08 2010 at 4:11pm
I have a cup of sand and a small piece of live rock if you want to come by
Jeff
125 tank
50 gallon sump
T-5 lighting
Rum drinker, Carbon User
I KNOW ROCKS THAT ARE YOUNGER THEN ME!! I AM A Realist! I write what I think!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rwccomptech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 08 2010 at 11:31pm
For sure Jeff, i wanna see how your stuff is set up.
Ron
20g
60x turnover
30" current pc fixture

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rwccomptech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 12 2010 at 6:26pm
I just got back from jeffs and the aquarium. Jeff has one of the most amazing sps collections I have ever seen. Had amazing color and life that i have not been accustom to when going to someones house to see their tank. I got the sand and lr in the tank to see it, I also got some sort of coral that I am unsure what it was I believe he said it was a green star plyop or something like that. I picked up a Green clown gobie and a blue chromis for my first two fish. Will upload picture later.
Ron
20g
60x turnover
30" current pc fixture
bugzme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bugzme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 12 2010 at 6:35pm
Nice to meet you both! You are welcome anytime.
Jeff
125 tank
50 gallon sump
T-5 lighting
Rum drinker, Carbon User
I KNOW ROCKS THAT ARE YOUNGER THEN ME!! I AM A Realist! I write what I think!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rwccomptech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 12 2010 at 6:41pm
Thanks jeff
Ron
20g
60x turnover
30" current pc fixture

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rwccomptech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 13 2010 at 11:45am
Ok so my little clown gobie hasn't moved around all that much and I'm trying to find out why. He has been staying in the same spot all  day so far.
Ron
20g
60x turnover
30" current pc fixture
Luckedout View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luckedout Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 13 2010 at 1:23pm
Has he been eating at all?
-Ben

90g Mixed reef

www.body-balancechiropractic.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rwccomptech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 13 2010 at 1:43pm
Not that I  have seen, but i just got him yesterday.
Ron
20g
60x turnover
30" current pc fixture
Luckedout View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luckedout Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 13 2010 at 11:36pm
Shell shock. It usually takes fish a couple days to adjust to a new tank. Also, if not a lot of people are around the tank during the day, when you show up you'll probably spook him for the first little while.

Make sure you're feeding him garlic soaked foods and be patient and he'll come around.
-Ben

90g Mixed reef

www.body-balancechiropractic.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rwccomptech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 14 2010 at 12:30am
The thing is that  he has been in the same spot the whole time. my chromis doesn't even mind my hand in the tank.
Ron
20g
60x turnover
30" current pc fixture

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rwccomptech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 16 2010 at 11:44am
Ok my goby has started to move a bit, but he is purgin on a rock. Right now the only think I'm seeming to have a problem with is this brown algee, i'm gonna be getting some hermits and snails this weekend to help out so that should help out in the end. What would be some smaller herb. fish that would eat some of the algee growth.
Ron
20g
60x turnover
30" current pc fixture

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rwccomptech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 16 2010 at 12:10pm
Bicolor angel (dwarf)
Yellow Angel/false lemon (dwarf)
Lawnmower Blennie
Six- Line wrasse
Yellow wrasse
Mandarin Goby
These are the fish I'm looking at,
i have my chromis, 2 skunk clowns and my green clown gobie
Ron
20g
60x turnover
30" current pc fixture
evan127 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evan127 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 16 2010 at 12:45pm
Let's see some pictures!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rwccomptech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 16 2010 at 1:06pm
ok 5 seconds
Ron
20g
60x turnover
30" current pc fixture

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rwccomptech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 16 2010 at 1:31pm
Sorry pics were taken with the mobular device

Green clown

Orange digi

Skunk clowns

Chromis

GSP

Leather finger and skunk clown

Nuke zoa's

10000k and 460 actinic

460 actinic

Ron
20g
60x turnover
30" current pc fixture
evan127 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evan127 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 16 2010 at 5:31pm
Did you glue those rocks on top?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic