Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Death of a Club Icon

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Dion Richins View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dion Richins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Death of a Club Icon
    Posted: September 16 2010 at 12:24am
It is my unfortunate duty to report that our "Blue Spotted Ribbon Tail" Sting Ray (Cricky )has passed.

Mark will have to correct me if I'm wrong but I believe we have had her in our care for 4 years. Mark had her in his care for a couple years before that.

Cricky was a favorite for reef tour visitors.

She had been feeling poorly for a couple day but continued eating. We are going to miss our little tank puppy.
Bad "censored" Cabinets
Best quality in the valley! He is one sexy bald guy, even with out a finger!(MAC)
bstuver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bstuver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 16 2010 at 12:37am
Cry That is so sad!
Jackie Stuver

"wait these aren't the happy Hawaiians oompa doompa godly heaven on your face zoas?   I dont want them then. lol!" Ksmart
SGH360 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SGH360 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 16 2010 at 2:09am
May Cricky rest in peace
CapnMorgan View Drop Down
The Capn'

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CapnMorgan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 16 2010 at 2:32am
That ray was AMAZING! After my girlfriend saw it on the reef tour last year I got permission to set up a large ray tank as soon as things settle down. I've been drawing up the plans over the past couple weeks.
Steve
My Old 180G Mixed Reef
Currently:
120G Wavefront Mixed
29G Seahorse & Softies
Running ReefAngel Plus x2
435-8
Mark Peterson View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 16 2010 at 10:13am
Cry
Maybe that's why I woke up this morning feeling a sadness that was unexplainable. Maybe that is why right now I'm leaking.Cry
I got her in 2006 and called her Ms. Ray. Remember the teacher in Finding Nemo? Ms. Ray and her friend, Mr. Bat and their 120 gal aquarium with the suspended reef were my crowning achievement and my most loved Reef Aquarium. It makes me very sad to hear of Cricky's passing. She was, and now is, in good hands.
I hope Dion won't mind that I post a few pics "In Memorium".

Edited by Mark Peterson - September 16 2010 at 10:14am
Reefkeeping Tips, & quick, easy setup tricks:
www.utahreefs.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=9244
Pay it forward - become a paid WMAS member
griffith View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote griffith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 16 2010 at 10:17am
I'm sorry for your loss

Linn
Lewy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lewy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 16 2010 at 10:34am
That's really sad.  Good to know she will live on in digital.
40 gal w/ 20 sump
Chris Scott View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Scott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 16 2010 at 11:16am
wow what a beautiful fish that was.  Sorry!
55g Bowfront Corner Reef
jwoo View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jwoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 16 2010 at 11:35am
Oh no! That ray was awesome! Sorry Dion and Mark!
None at the moment
Soon: 72 Gallon Bowfront
P.C Pond buildr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote P.C Pond buildr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 17 2010 at 11:16am
:( Thats terrible, I recently lost my black tang after 8.5 years....so so sad... I love rays..
WMAS resident fathead :)
2000 gallons of salt.
St George Ut
Jeremyw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeremyw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 17 2010 at 12:18pm
Sorry to hear about that you two that was/is an awesome ray!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic