Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

LFS Store Hours

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
jcom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jcom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: LFS Store Hours
    Posted: September 17 2010 at 11:23am
This is just a kindly suggestion to shop owners. 

1) At a bare minimum, have your store hours on your website.

2) If, for some reason, your store won't be open during regular hours, it would be a nice gesture to post something on this website letting your customers know that you won't be open.  It's a real letdown to battle traffic just to find that your destination is closed.  It ends up being a waste of time, gas, and it leaves a sour taste in your mouth.

3) A quick post to the LFS section of this site would be a nice way just to double check. Sure, I usually try the phone, but store owners may be up to their arms is saltwater and be unable to answer even though the store is open.

We all take vacations or have things come up that cause our regular schedules to change.  This is just a friendly suggestion.

Thanks
Chris Scott View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Scott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 17 2010 at 12:12pm
I agree!  I've driven out to some stores before only to find them closed during normal business hours!

However, I guess I could call before I go...
55g Bowfront Corner Reef
bur01014 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bur01014 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 17 2010 at 1:14pm
The only LFS that is open when they say they are is The Aquarium....most of the other ones I have been too has been a crap shoot.....especially two specific ones....I don't go to those anymore and am happy to pay a few extra bucks for something at a different LFS, better spent that way then on gas when the place wasn't open....

People will always say just call them ahead of time before you leave...  Been there done that......even if open they don't always get to the phone, but the worst is when you call them and they say "oh, I'll be here at least until 8", you head out (30 min drive), you get there...CLOSED! 
jcom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jcom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 17 2010 at 2:06pm
Fish 4 U is very good about their hours from my experience.
SGH360 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SGH360 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 18 2010 at 12:57am
First off LFS Website is just more of a display Site than a day to day basis Selling website. Calling is always a best option to see if they are open or not rather than checking on their website because they dont really have a dedicated personel to do this. Marine Aquatics is the only store that i see close early but who would not? If you were a seller and not many people visit past eight i would call it a night. Petvilliage is a good store but it would be nice if they open an hour later. All of them are reasonable time schedule and since this hobby is not very popular there a bound to close early specially dedicated Fish store.
bur01014 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bur01014 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 18 2010 at 3:03am
sounds like if an LFS is empty in the evenings it may be because they have closed early in the past, which only discourages customers from coming back = less customers, closing early....its a downhill slope......if the LFS is consistently closing early....it is time for them to change their hours....problem solved!

Edited by bur01014 - September 18 2010 at 3:05am
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic