Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Hanna Pocket Photometer

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
jcom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jcom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hanna Pocket Photometer
    Posted: September 20 2010 at 10:46pm
Dang, I must have been out to lunch when these were announced earlier this Spring.

For $40, Xmas is coming early this year!

jcom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jcom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 20 2010 at 10:56pm
They also just announced an Alkalinity version to add to this line:

Edited by jcom - September 20 2010 at 10:58pm
jmorrell View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jmorrell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 21 2010 at 5:42pm
if those are accurate, they would be way worth it.
bugzme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bugzme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 21 2010 at 6:00pm
Can you give a link where we can buy 1? please.
Jeff
125 tank
50 gallon sump
T-5 lighting
Rum drinker, Carbon User
I KNOW ROCKS THAT ARE YOUNGER THEN ME!! I AM A Realist! I write what I think!!
jcom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jcom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 21 2010 at 6:59pm
I couldn't help myself and went for it this morning!  I had been eyeing their original photo colorimeter for a long time....but I couldn't bring myself to spend the $275 or whatever they are.  This little pocket unit is the exact same technology and is just as accurate according to Hanna.  They just realized how much further they could penetrate the reef aquarist market with these more affordable gadgets.  I ordered from Hanna direct on their shopping cart link.  It's a bit more than some of the other sites, but I couldn't find reagents on most of them: 

Make sure to order reagents as well (25 packets/test per).  I also ordered the "standard" (reference) cuvet for calibration...the cool thing with this is that, unlike the titration kit references, you never run out of this one, it just stays in the cuvet.  Also, the cuvet wipes are a joke at the price they have (they're just sunglass cloths).  I'll just use alcohol wipes from the Dr.'s office.

Edited by jcom - September 21 2010 at 7:04pm
bugzme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bugzme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 21 2010 at 7:16pm
Can't wait to see how it works out.
Jeff
125 tank
50 gallon sump
T-5 lighting
Rum drinker, Carbon User
I KNOW ROCKS THAT ARE YOUNGER THEN ME!! I AM A Realist! I write what I think!!
jcom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jcom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 21 2010 at 7:17pm
From the threads I've read on the national sites, it's the sh..... errr, bees knees.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic