Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tooele- Tank Drained

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Adam Blundell View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Blundell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tooele- Tank Drained
    Posted: October 06 2010 at 10:42am
I just got a call from Glen in Tooele. He had a back siphon and his tank (30 gals) has drained onto his floor. He'll be mixing water, cleaning the carpet, moving the tank, relocating corals, and all that.

He's on his way to his house from work right now. If you are around this morning and can help a reefer in Tooele please give him a call...

Mansker, Glen 435-843-9302 844 North Foxrun Drive Tooele
Come to a meeting, they’re fun!
Mark Peterson View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 06 2010 at 10:53am
Bummer.
These things happen, even to the best of hobbyists.
Probably a freak thing that slipped past PhotoGlen's safety precautions.Ouch

I have a write up about how to check for and prevent overflows. If anyone reading this is interested in checking your system, email me at [email protected] and I'll send the full document.
Reefkeeping Tips, & quick, easy setup tricks:
www.utahreefs.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=9244
Pay it forward - become a paid WMAS member
arthuriv View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arthuriv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 06 2010 at 11:38am

Glen is looking for a dehumidifier to help dry out his house!

The tank was on the main floor of his house and all the water ran down the wall and into his basement passing through his electrical panel. They have the power cut to the house and are currently drying it out. But he could use a dehumidifier to help dry out everything else. If anyone has one they are willing to let him borrow he would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you!
Arthur
Quality Marines Aquaculturing & Captive Breeding program!
Presented by Ashley & Chelsea from Reef On
Thursday 6 Oct 2016
Shane H View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shane H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 06 2010 at 12:26pm
I have a dehimidifier, but the distance is a problem ....    If anyone from up north is headed southbound, maybe we can set up a "pony express" from Brigham City to Tooele???
builderofdreams View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote builderofdreams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 06 2010 at 1:16pm

No Dehumidifier, but could lend a Had or bucket or.....

It's Not a Hobby It's an Obsession
150&210 Gallons of Madness and. Sanity! 801-850-4915

http://www.utahreefs.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=65135&title=builderofdreams-feedback-post
SGH360 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SGH360 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 06 2010 at 1:29pm
that's just bad luck, finding next day your floor flooded, i would gladly help if it werent all the way up in tooleDisapprove
CapnMorgan View Drop Down
The Capn'

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CapnMorgan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 06 2010 at 4:22pm
I just saw this! This is terrible, I just sent them texts to see if they need any help before I have to go to work. 
Steve
My Old 180G Mixed Reef
Currently:
120G Wavefront Mixed
29G Seahorse & Softies
Running ReefAngel Plus x2
435-8
downhill_biker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote downhill_biker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 06 2010 at 4:26pm
I have a HUGE dehumidifier that is brand new. I am currently not using it. I can't take it out there, no car, but if someone wants to pick it up he can use it. If not I can bring it to the meeting tomorrow.

In the mean time you can go to home depot, if you have one in Tooele, not sure, but they have DampRid, air drying beads. You can place them near the area to help, but really my dehumidifier will be the ticket.
Make sure you post your best pictures every month in our POTM forum.
The Capn'

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CapnMorgan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 06 2010 at 4:28pm
I can pick it up from you tomorrow at the meeting and bring it out to him.
Steve
My Old 180G Mixed Reef
Currently:
120G Wavefront Mixed
29G Seahorse & Softies
435-8

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote downhill_biker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 06 2010 at 4:31pm
Im on the phone with them now, I think they are coming to get it tonight I think. Glen is going to call me as soon as he gets home.
The Capn'

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CapnMorgan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 06 2010 at 4:37pm
Ok cool.
Steve
My Old 180G Mixed Reef
Currently:
120G Wavefront Mixed
29G Seahorse & Softies
435-8
badfinger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badfinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 06 2010 at 5:48pm
Just sent you a text curtis....
Dion Richins View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dion Richins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 06 2010 at 7:23pm
I have one as well if its needed!!!!
Bad "censored" Cabinets
Best quality in the valley! He is one sexy bald guy, even with out a finger!(MAC)
PhotoGlen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PhotoGlen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 07 2010 at 12:08am
I want to thank Everybody that has helped or offered to help with "MY SONS" tank disaster.  Mark, I hadn't checked his safety precautions on pump failure.  He lost about 30gal. onto the floor and shorted out our electrical panel in the basement.  There is some minor damage to paint but overall not as bad as I first thought. 
Again Special thanks to Adam, Curtis, Aurthur and Rhonda and of course Rick.  Clap  This is an AWESOME resource for any Aquariust thank you all again!  Glen.

Edited by PhotoGlen - October 12 2010 at 8:24pm
I honestly think it is better to be a failure at something you love than to be a success at something you hate.
George Burns

Now two 29 gal. Biocubes
90 gal. with a 40 gal. sump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote downhill_biker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 07 2010 at 12:08am
I got the dehumidifier there. Arthur's wife was here in town so she picked it up. Hopefully it helps.
The Capn'

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CapnMorgan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 07 2010 at 1:31am
Glad to hear it worked out ok. I feel terrible I was asleep! I guess that's what working nights gets me. Let me know if you need any help repainting or anything!
Steve
My Old 180G Mixed Reef
Currently:
120G Wavefront Mixed
29G Seahorse & Softies
435-8
Mark Peterson View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 07 2010 at 8:09am
Your son may want to read the article about how to check the setup to prevent this kind of thing from ever happening again. Just email me and I'll reply with the article.
[email protected]
Reefkeeping Tips, & quick, easy setup tricks:
www.utahreefs.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=9244
Pay it forward - become a paid WMAS member
sukie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sukie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 07 2010 at 9:43am
Glad everything is okay!  that's really scary stuff when a tank does that.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic