Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Locked92gal corner tank/updated pics on last post

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
bstuver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bstuver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 92gal corner tank/updated pics on last post
    Posted: October 17 2010 at 8:33pm
Well I got everything moved over and doing well. I only kept the top layer of sand as my live sand and rinsed the rest of it out so no tank crash yea!!
Anyway here are a couple pics from today:

Edited by bstuver - October 24 2010 at 11:44pm
Jackie Stuver

"wait these aren't the happy Hawaiians oompa doompa godly heaven on your face zoas?   I dont want them then. lol!" Ksmart
jmorrell View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jmorrell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 17 2010 at 9:20pm
looks good.
MadReefer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MadReefer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 17 2010 at 9:29pm
Thumbs Up Nice.
jrjones800 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jrjones800 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 17 2010 at 9:58pm
nice looking tank 
builderofdreams View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote builderofdreams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 17 2010 at 10:20pm

Another work of Art.Thumbs Up

It's Not a Hobby It's an Obsession
150&210 Gallons of Madness and. Sanity! 801-850-4915

http://www.utahreefs.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=65135&title=builderofdreams-feedback-post
kellerexpress View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kellerexpress Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 17 2010 at 10:55pm
cool tank, what was the reason for the switch?
IM 30L
Kessil A160we x2
bstuver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bstuver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 17 2010 at 11:09pm
Originally posted by kellerexpress kellerexpress wrote:

cool tank, what was the reason for the switch?

I'm never happy with anythingTongue I drive my family crazy!!
Honestly the other one just took up too much room and this fits nicely in the corner. It was all an oak color but we used a pearl colored spray paint so it matched better in the room it is in.
I'm happy, for nowLOL
Jackie Stuver

"wait these aren't the happy Hawaiians oompa doompa godly heaven on your face zoas?   I dont want them then. lol!" Ksmart
SGH360 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SGH360 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 17 2010 at 11:44pm
so you decided to downgrade to this? looks pretty but if only it was 120G
bstuver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bstuver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 17 2010 at 11:51pm
It's less than a 30g downgrade and yes it fits the room a lot better so I am happier with it.
Jackie Stuver

SGH360 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SGH360 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 17 2010 at 11:57pm
what kind of lights are you running?
Jeffs_little_ocean View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeffs_little_ocean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 17 2010 at 11:59pm
Looks great Jackie! I just love corner tanks, I think they look so cool.
Life is good....right?
bstuver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bstuver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 18 2010 at 12:05am
Originally posted by SGH360 SGH360 wrote:

what kind of lights are you running?

It is a 2x 250w halides and 2 not sure on watts T5 fixture.
Jackie Stuver

bstuver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bstuver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 18 2010 at 12:06am
Thanks everybody!!
Jackie Stuver

kay181 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kay181 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 18 2010 at 12:20am
 sweet Thumbs Up
day light scares me im going back under
Mark Peterson View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 18 2010 at 7:40am
Many hobbyists seem to post pics looking for someone to give them a pat on the back. If that is what you want then stop reading right here. Don't read any further.

The big picture looks great but the aquascaping looks awful.
I'm not kidding.

Actually, I think corner tanks look very coolCool, but from the perspective of water flow and ease of working with, they are a PITA.Ouch Please tell me you are not finished with the aquascaping. That wall of LR, rubble and frags is going to cause big problems down the road. Many constructive ideas are available, if you dare. Smile

Edited by Mark Peterson - October 18 2010 at 8:35am
Reefkeeping Tips, & quick, easy setup tricks:
www.utahreefs.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=9244
Pay it forward - become a paid WMAS member
bugzme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bugzme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 18 2010 at 7:50am
Looks great Jackie! Mark has told me for years that my aquascaping sucked. LOL
Jeff
125 tank
50 gallon sump
T-5 lighting
Rum drinker, Carbon User
I KNOW ROCKS THAT ARE YOUNGER THEN ME!! I AM A Realist! I write what I think!!
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 18 2010 at 8:15am
That's a misquote. What I really said is that Jeff needed to suck out some of that detritus from that old sand bed. Wink
bstuver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bstuver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 18 2010 at 9:19am
Actually I just posted because it was new, I knew however Mark that you would be the first to tell me things are wrong.
Anyway for some reason the pictures don't show the depth of what the rock work looks like, I like the bottom part as it has all my zoas and mushrooms to spread over the sand bed when grown in and yes I know you don't agree with that Mark but all the tanks I have seen that I really like are this way.
As for flow there is not a dead spot in the tank, I have koralias running that you can't see.
Anyway you're more than welcome to tell me why "you" think my aquascape is awful but that doesn't mean I will change it. Obviously there are several others that liked it or maybe they were just being nice.
Jackie Stuver

Jeffs_little_ocean View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeffs_little_ocean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 18 2010 at 9:30am
Just ignore the negativity Jackie. I think the aquascaping looks really good. It sounds like you understand the importance of keeping flow back in the dead spots. I also really like the color you painted the stand. It looks really clean and my sister who is an interior designer would say it fits nicely in the room. Nice Job! Thumbs Up
Life is good....right?
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 18 2010 at 6:57pm
Please forgive me. I didn't see myself as being negative. I was just trying to help. How can we improve and what good is this club if all we hear is accolades?

Edited by Mark Peterson - October 18 2010 at 7:07pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic