Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Locked92gal corner tank/updated pics on last post

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
bugzme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bugzme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 18 2010 at 7:01pm
Mark you should have been a doctor! Keep looking till you think you found something wrong! IMHO I think some of your negative comments are bad for the club!!!
Jeff
125 tank
50 gallon sump
T-5 lighting
Rum drinker, Carbon User
I KNOW ROCKS THAT ARE YOUNGER THEN ME!! I AM A Realist! I write what I think!!
bstuver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bstuver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 18 2010 at 7:02pm
Don't see the humor in any of your post. You can tell me whatever you'd like. As for the reason in posting this is a show off your tank thread, if you don't like looking at other peoples imperfections in their tanks why do you look at them?
Jackie Stuver

"wait these aren't the happy Hawaiians oompa doompa godly heaven on your face zoas?   I dont want them then. lol!" Ksmart
bugzme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bugzme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 18 2010 at 7:06pm
Are they imperfections? I think not!!! People are afraid to show pic's of their tanks because of Marks comments! One mans junk is another man's treasure! Mark I think you should respect that!!!
Jeff
125 tank
50 gallon sump
T-5 lighting
Rum drinker, Carbon User
SGH360 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SGH360 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 18 2010 at 7:06pm
What are some problems that will happen with this type of rockwork Mark?
bugzme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bugzme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 18 2010 at 7:08pm
There won't be any problems other than it has SPS that will grow like crazy!!!
Jeff
125 tank
50 gallon sump
T-5 lighting
Rum drinker, Carbon User
SGH360 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SGH360 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 18 2010 at 7:11pm
what is wrong with that arent they peaceful among other sps?
bugzme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bugzme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 18 2010 at 7:17pm
OMG Aren't you guys tired of Mark finding something wrong with every tank pic that is posted? I believe different things work for different people and Mark is not the god of tanks! especially sps tanks
Jeff
125 tank
50 gallon sump
T-5 lighting
Rum drinker, Carbon User
bstuver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bstuver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 18 2010 at 7:19pm
I have to say that when I posted this thread I looked at my husband and said, Mark will be the first one to say something is wrong.
Out of curiosity Mark where are pics of any of your current tanks?
Jackie Stuver

"wait these aren't the happy Hawaiians oompa doompa godly heaven on your face zoas?   I dont want them then. lol!" Ksmart
Mark Peterson View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 18 2010 at 7:48pm
A few pics of a few of my tanks are in the thread linked below. For the past year I have not been able to have a tank of any consequence.
I'm sorry to have offended you both.
I have been at this very intently for a long time and because of that, I see things that others don't. Would you rather that I stay silent and let WMAS hobbyists encounter problems that could be avoided or struggle with problems that could be fixed?
Reefkeeping Tips, & quick, easy setup tricks:
www.utahreefs.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=9244
Pay it forward - become a paid WMAS member
Luckedout View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luckedout Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 18 2010 at 7:52pm
I love corner tanks but they are a pita for equipment and flow. They're a good tank if you have a fish room.

For me, aquascaping is a personal preference. What look are you trying to accomplish and still allow for growth and flow are most important. Not everyone is going to like it.
-Ben

90g Mixed reef

www.body-balancechiropractic.com

bstuver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bstuver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 18 2010 at 7:59pm
I have excellent flow through this tank, I can see every piece of coral move with the flow. Mark the way you come off is to say you are better than anyone else, I realize you have more experience than me but to pretty much say that the aquascape I had done was a piece of crap was your personal opinion. I am never happy with my aquascape at first so I am sure it will get tweaked several times before I am completely happy.
This tank is a bit hard to photograph and actually show the depth of it, it comes off looking like a big pile of rocks when in reality it has lots of nooks and crannies and open holes. I will try to get a better pic.
And as luckedout has said the way you scape your tank is personal preference. 
Jackie Stuver

Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 18 2010 at 8:01pm
Originally posted by SGH360 SGH360 wrote:

I won't say anything more unless Jackie wishes it.
bstuver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bstuver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 18 2010 at 8:03pm
Originally posted by Mark Peterson Mark Peterson wrote:

Originally posted by SGH360 SGH360 wrote:

I won't say anything more unless Jackie wishes it.

You are more than welcome to say why you think the rockwork will be a problem.
Jackie Stuver

bugzme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bugzme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 18 2010 at 8:07pm
Who is both? You don't offend me because I don't believe in alot of your methods!!! Telling everyone that post that they have a problem does!
Jeff
125 tank
50 gallon sump
T-5 lighting
Rum drinker, Carbon User
jwoo View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jwoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 18 2010 at 9:00pm
Mark has a way of doing things that differ from most on this board, the problem is that he comes off as the ONLY way of doing things. I personally don't agree with 90% of the things he says but that 10% I would miss if he stopped posting would be value lost. I think it is important to hear opposite opinions and experiences even if you need to take some with a grain of salt. I think Mark would be much more effective if he chose his words a little more careful . . . but then again he would not be the Mark that we all know and love.

Listen to what he says but realize that some of it may not suite how/what you are trying to accomplish. I just roll my eyes sometimes when I read Mark, but to be frank the same can be said of some others on the board who are very vocal *cough ryan cough*.

I love the tank Jackie, we get into this hobby because we enjoy it and you clearly are someone who enjoys it! I've never seen someone go through so many tanks!
None at the moment
Soon: 72 Gallon Bowfront
bstuver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bstuver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 18 2010 at 9:17pm
Thanks Justin!! I completely agree with what you have said.
I know I go through a lot of tanks trying to get the one that I love. It took me a long time to do the same when I was keeping freshwater but I managed to keep my 60g cube with plants and discus for almost a year without changing! It just really has to make me happy and if it becomes more of a nuisance in that room or with what is going on I try to change it up to make myself happy. As I have said I drive my family crazy:)
Jackie Stuver

Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 19 2010 at 8:45am
Thanks Jackie.Thumbs Up
I appreciate what you said. It changes everything as far as what I would recommend. The way it looks right now, your tank will probably do just fine.
I beg forgiveness for causing a commotion.
Hug
Jeffs_little_ocean View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeffs_little_ocean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 19 2010 at 11:49am
Originally posted by Mark Peterson Mark Peterson wrote:

A few pics of a few of my tanks are in the thread linked below.
Mark, I sure like you, and you sure are a nice guy, but after looking at all your tanks from the past with all the diy stands, rubbermaids, and light fixtures held on by screws and 2x4s, I think maybe you should stick to advise on chemistry issues, and stay away from advising people on what looks good LOL 
Life is good....right?
MadReefer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MadReefer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 19 2010 at 1:41pm
I don't think he was ever saying that it doesn't look good, but that it might not be easy to get good flow with the way the rocks are stacked. It's good to try to have as little rock touching the sand as possible and have a lot of open area for water to flow through. It's especially tough to get good flow in a corner tank as the back corner can become a dead spot if packed with rocks.
bstuver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bstuver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 19 2010 at 2:03pm
[QUOTE=Mark Peterson]
The big picture looks great but the aquascaping looks awful.
I'm not kidding.[QUOTE=Mark Peterson]

Jackie Stuver

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic